Heading to the Beach - Timing question

Ilivetogo

We will be arriving in St. Maarten on 9/1 around 8 am. (Epic) We have lined up an excursion at 1 pm thru NCL. However, I would love to jaunt to the beach in the morning before our excursion.

My question is this ... how long does it take to catch a ride (what ride is best?) to one of the nice beaches from the ship? I don't want to waste half the morning just getting off the ship, commuting to the beach, then getting to enjoy the water and sand for a half-hour before we have to get back.

I read that the "very close" beach may not be the nicest quality water (??). Correct? After reading, it looked like the beach LeString may be a nice one for us.

We've never been there before - it will be me (mom) and kids 16 & 10.

Whatever input you can give is more than appreciated!! :D

The beach right off the pier is pretty good and it's within walking distance. Shops and restaurants are close by and the water is pretty clean. Unless there are tons of ships in SXM that day, the beach shouldn't be too crowded.

We went to Little Divi beach on 8/4. it is a beautiful beach, nice waves and very clean with no rocks at all. It is a ten minute taxi ride which is $4 per person. If you want a chair and an umbrella once you get there, they are $5 each. It is a timeshare resort and they do allow you to use their restrooms and there is drink/food available as well. We got there about 10:30 in the morning and there were only a couple of other families there. It was heavenly, we stayed until about 3:00. Enjoy your visit to St Maarten, the beaches were beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
We went to Little Divi beach on 8/4. it is a beautiful beach, nice waves and very clean with no rocks at all. It is a ten minute taxi ride which is $4 per person. If you want a chair and an umbrella once you get there, they are $5 each. It is a timeshare resort and they do allow you to use their restrooms and there is drink/food available as well. We got there about 10:30 in the morning and there were only a couple of other families there. It was heavenly, we stayed until about 3:00. Enjoy your visit to St Maarten, the beaches were beautiful.

Hi. Is Little Divi Beach within walking distance to the main shopping area?

We used to live in Naperville. Great place to raise kids.

Thanks for your reply.

Judy

Hi. Is Little Divi Beach within walking distance to the main shopping area?

Well, yes and no.

You could walk it, as they have added some sidewalks along Link 1, which is sort of a through-way on the island, but it would be not be pleasant.

I would certainly NOT recommend it.

gary

Archived