Radiance of the Seas - Family Cabins (FO)

clarity4me

I've booked my family on Radiance for 3 Jan 2012 (cruising from Sydney, Australia) and interested to know if anyone has stayed in a Family Cabin (cat FO).

I'm interested to know which cabins (if any) are bigger than the others. Also, I think some only have ONE window and others have TWO. If anyone can confirm this that would be great. The lady at RCCL reservations said that all Family Cabins all have TWO windows, but looking at the picture of the Radiance and then the deck plan - it seems impossible????

Thanks in advance for any help / informations.

We stayed in 8502 on Radiance. It had only one window, but it was very spacious. This was the second FO that we've stayed in. The other was 6500 on Navigator. I prefer the more "square" FO's as opposed to the more "rectangular" FO's. There's more closet space and privacy. Enjoy! They're my favourite cabin type.

Thanks boulders so much for your reply.

We're booked into 8502 also. It's great to hear from someone who stayed in a FO cabin.

This morning I was thinking of changing it to 8500 - but I think I'll leave it now :)

Also, I'd be interested to know the exact set up of beds as we have 3 kids, is it one set of bunk beds and a rollaway (pullman) and can this be accommodated in the 'bunk bed area'?

thanks again

In one "room", there is the standard "queen, which can be separated into twins". In the other "room", there is a pullman, which comes down from the ceiling and a twin below it. The other two sleeping spots are on the sofa bed in the living area. In the area with the pullman and the twin, there "may" be enough room for a rollaway, but I don't know if they'll put one in. A rollaway would take up most of the floor space in this area.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone price compare the family stateroom for 4 to two connecting oceanview staterooms? Which one works out to be less money? And are the windows in the FO rooms on the Radiance well positioned for viewing the passing scenery? We are thinking of taking one of those for a cruise to Alaska. Thanks!

The windows in the family oceanview are quite large and round. We only had one in our cabin though. Only one or two people could look out at a time.

The pricing on a family oceanview will vary. I prefer them over two connecting staterooms though, because of the dedicated living space. When we had connecting cabins, it seemed that everyone congregated in one space, making it tight.

• 1 month later...

My family and I are also booked on the 3rd Jan 2012 departing from Sydney. We have booked cojoining rooms as our children are 11, 13 and 15. I was also wondering what the set up would be for the second room. It says "Stateroom with sofa bed and third pullman bed available". Does that mean that there is no single beds and only a sofa bed or is there the two single beds, a sofa bed and a pullman bed. I don't think the kids would be too keen to share a bed and I don't want them sleeping on a sofa bed the whole 12 nights.

We were in 8002 on the Jewel of the Seas which is the sister ship to Radiance. There are pictures of our room below. It should be identical to 8502.

We had a door bell. We liked the set up. You can see the TV from the living room area and from the bed. The sofa makes into a bed. Plus there is a side room with a bed and a pullman. This little room has it's own closet and dresser. The bed has it's own light above the pillow.

Hope the photos help. We loved this room.

Archived