REVIEW & HELPFUL HINT

BCLINE3155

We were in Costa Maya in late January. (Sorry this post is so late; but after we returned I had to have surgery and was recouperating ... and now I am up and about.)

Costa Maya was FANTASTIC!! We got off the ship and walked around the area of the shops, etc. Then we got a taxi to Majuhel (sp?). Their taxi system is great!! You pre-pay and get a slip of paper; then they get a taxi for you; hand the slip to the driver; and 10 minutes later you are there!! We had decided to spend the day at Tapas (based on so many reviews on this site). Allen was right there to open the door and was our waiter all day!! He was just wonderful .... I wanted to bring him home with us!! Better service than we get at some of the "better" restaurants!! Just a wonderful, relaxing day ... and the food was great!!

HINT: To return to the ship everyone agains go to the taxi stand; pre-pays for the taxi ride and gets a slip. Well ... 2:00 p.m. seems to be a very popular time for everyone to leave!! The line was long ... and there were many "rude" and "pushy" people. My suggestion ... once you get there and while you are walking around ... go up to the taxi stand and get your ticket early. You will by-pass the long line and be in the "short" line for a taxi!!

If you have any other questions, just let me know!!

Barb

Hey Barb, glad you had a good day. My experience in Feb. with the return taxi was a little different than yours. We had a line of taxis waiting, both when my DH left and also later when I did. We just walked up, they showed us which taxi, we got in, and I gave the money to the driver. I think they are still tweaking the system trying to find out what works best. Maybe when there are more ships in port (we only had 2) they have a different way to handle them all. I left about 3 and it seemed like the parties were still going strong.

Su

Archived