Inspiration or Destiny

atrame

Planning a cruise in Feb with 2 families. Our children (twins) will be 9yrs old and the others 4 yrs and 7 months. Have read mix reviews on both ships. Prefer RC but price is quite a bit more. Any thoughts on which one?

While I can't say much on the ships the reason we're going on the Destiny in March is because it's a thurs-monday sailing so we can use less vacation days from work :-) And that just worked better for most of our schedules than to take a whole week off

The Inspiration is a wonderful ship. I have taken the 4 day cruise back in 2008 and have the 5 day coming up in January. I have heard(so not sure of accuracy) that Destiny is a lil smaller and older. I have no first had experience with Destiny though.

if you want---here is the link to my pics from my previous cruise in Inspiration-- http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/collieluveb/cruise%20pics/ :D

The Inspiration is a wonderful ship. I have taken the 4 day cruise back in 2008 and have the 5 day coming up in January. I have heard(so not sure of accuracy) that Destiny is a lil smaller and older. I have no first had experience with Destiny though.

if you want---here is the link to my pics from my previous cruise in Inspiration-- http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/collieluveb/cruise%20pics/ :D

The Destiny is bigger than the Inspiration, by about 30K tons

On Destiny 2 years ago and enjoyed trip particularly Half Moon Cay. Booked for this Oct. on Jamaica, GC route.

Ship is much bigger and newer than Inspiration. Food was a bit less in quality than in prior Carnival cruises. Lido deck buffets were more crowded than I've normally experienced. All minor issues and still had great time.

Not been on Inspiration yet but I've seen mostly good reviews.

The Destiny is larger than the Inspiration with a gross tonage of over 100,000 tons displacement where as the Inspiration is a Fantasy class ship with a displacement around 85,000 tons. Also the Destiny sailed in 1996 makingit newer than the Inspiration

Archived