Soda cards - Get a mug also?

izzypooch

Leaving tomorrow for the Immagination (Yeah!). Will be buying the soda card but was wondering if that also includes a thermos-type mug/cup. The last couple of times I cruised Royal Carribbean it did, but wasn't sure what Carnival does.

Thanks for a quick reply from someone who recently sailed and bought the soda package on Immagination so I'll know whether or not to pack my own little bubba keg.

Nope sorry, not mug was given to us when we bought 4 soda cards.

I don't think it has anything to do with the cans, since they could just pour the soda into the mug. I just think they do things differently.

I found when I went on the RCL, they did give us the mugs, but we never used them. Too big to carry around everywhere. We just went to the bars and they would give us plastic cups and that worked out great.

as stated, the mug is not included, but you do get a couple dollar discount on a mug at the time of the card purchase.... I believe it winds up being about 5 bucks....

the mug is pretty good in quality, so I got one....

If you bring your own mug on board, will they fill that up for someone with a Soda sticker?

depends on the server- we never had luck with doing that but have read here people do it.

On Princess they give you a mug but we didnt feel like carrying it around

My dad bought the soda card last year. When buying it, he also bought a mug, that he got a few dollars off since he purchased the two together. It leaked, so it was a waste of money for us. Luckily we had brought our own bubba keg mugs. It was great having them!

If you purchase the Carnival mug at the same time as your soda card, it is only $4.95 instead of $6.96. Yes, they will fill this instead of a regular plastic cup when you use your soda card. Now, if you brought your 64oz bubba keg to them for a refill, they would probably refuse or only give you one cup's worth.

No they will not.. WHY can't they just give you a can instead of pouring it into a plastic glass...I would much rather have the CAN...:)

They wont give you the can because it's much easier to control the clean up this way. The can's are recyclable and people would be throwing them in the garbage and leaving them all over the ship.... of course i don't really know the reason but this sound to me like it may be the case...;)

We have bought the mugs and they are great... a good size and you can use them with the pop or juice or even hot drinks...

Archived