Diving in Grand Cay and Coz

WylieB

Hello all, I'm sailing on the Grandeur Oct 18th and am wanting to do some diving in both ports (Grand Cayman and Cozumel). I've been to both ports before but haven't dived either one yet. So this cruise I'm concentrating on that. Has anyone had any experiences with the local dive operators in either place? Don't know whether to book my dives through RCCI or go with locals. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks, Wylie.

• 2 weeks later...

I've dove off a cruise ship in both locations, booked both directly and skipped the cruise ship.

Their is a great shore dive in Cayman within walking distance of the pier, I don't remember the name of the place but it has an apple on the sign. I actually had time to do sting ray city and the shore dive..

I've also booked a 2-tank in Grand Cayman but can't remember who with, I would look at old threads under that port forum...

As for CZM, I've been there by boat and plane. Now I always go by plane and spend a week, it is my favorite place. That being said, I always dive with EAGLE RAY DIVERS. They are laid back, professional and very friendly. I've probably logged over 30 dives with them and everytime their guides speak great english and are always friendly.

They have a fast boat and 2 slower more quaint boats. I prefer the slower ones so I can take in the scenerary, in CZM I don't like to be rushed to do anything... ;)

chellie@eagleraydivers.com

Archived