Excaret from Cozumel-time and travel?

Mongato1

We will be in Cozumel from 8-4 and are looking at Excaret. Has anyone been there that can explain the actual travel time on ferry and land. Is it worth the price for our limited time? How much hassle is the travel? The underwater caves look very inviting. Thanks for your sharing your experiences there.:D

XCaret is wonderful - but 8 to 4 is not enough time in my opinion. The ferry takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour - then you have to take a bus to the park. The park is rather big and it takes time to get around it. I would save it for a time when you have more time in Cozumel or when docking in Calica or Playa Del Carmen.

PS - the underwater caves are VERY long and VERY cold.

I agree with Cheryl, it is not enough time. Unless you make frequent trips to Mexico and think you will come back, you only get a taste for what there is to do. I really think you could spend several days there. By the time we got there we had 4 hours.

The underground river took about 35 to 40 min. and it was awesome. Wear water shoes and don't bother with snorkeling stuff. We went snorkeling in another spot and it was nice. It is a beautiful park.

If you do go, make sure to take sea sick medicine with you. The 30 minute ferry ride to the mainland is horrible. People were throwing up in barf bags all over the place. I almost lost it but held on. Then on the way back took a pill and was fine the whole way.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would do a little shopping and go to Paradise Beach. But we did have a good time there.

I agree with Cheryl, it is not enough time. Unless you make frequent trips to Mexico and think you will come back, you only get a taste for what there is to do. I really think you could spend several days there. By the time we got there we had 4 hours.

The underground river took about 35 to 40 min. and it was awesome. Wear water shoes and don't bother with snorkeling stuff. We went snorkeling in another spot and it was nice. It is a beautiful park.

If you do go, make sure to take sea sick medicine with you. The 30 minute ferry ride to the mainland is horrible. People were throwing up in barf bags all over the place. I almost lost it but held on. Then on the way back took a pill and was fine the whole way.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would do a little shopping and go to Paradise Beach. But we did have a good time there.

Oh thanks for the heads up about the ferry:eek: Not sure I even want to attempt that ride. Perhaps in the future we will dock closer by and try it. Reminds me of in Nasaau how we spent about 35 minutes on a boat to go to Paradise Island and we sat in fumes while they waited until they got enough passengers to sardine us together. Ruined the whole afternoon! Been there, done that, and don't want to repeat it!:D Thanks!

For those considering the ferry ride, it is usually calm. I would say the crossings are rough only about 10-20% of the time. When it's bad, it's bad. I know, I get seasick easily. If I have plans to go across and it looks bad, I cancel if at all possible.

We have been to excaret when we stayed in cozumel.It is a vere nice place were you need most of the day to see it all.I would not try it from a cruise.You waste to much of the day ,you could have to take a taxi to the ferry pier take the ferry then a taxi to excaret.We have taken the ferry to Playa del Carmen a few times only one time it was rough most of the time it was a smooth ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived