OBC/Wine Offer from TA

Gatguy

This is my first cruise. I booked my cruise through a TA via the web. She told me I was going to be getting a $50 OBC and a bottle of wine (also shows this on my invoice from them). However, this does not show on my edocs that I printed out from NCL. Does NCL know that this offer was made to me? How do I go about getting it when I am on the ship? Should I take my inovice as proof? Will NCL honor it? Anyone else have a similar experieince. Thanks

This is my first cruise. I booked my cruise through a TA via the web. She told me I was going to be getting a $50 OBC and a bottle of wine (also shows this on my invoice from them). However, this does not show on my edocs that I printed out from NCL. Does NCL know that this offer was made to me? How do I go about getting it when I am on the ship? Should I take my inovice as proof? Will NCL honor it? Anyone else have a similar experieince. Thanks

I asked my TA the same thing. He told me the OBC will be on my account upon boarding and the bottle of wine should be in our state room upon embarkation.

We have a similar offering. I am holding my breath to see. However my TA assures me it will all be there.

Our wine and chocolate covered strawberry's were in the room and the OBC was on our account when we boarded! :)

I haven't been on the EPIC yet but on previous cruises, like the Pearl, i got a note in my room telling me about my OBC and the wine was there waiting for me. Unfortunately, NCL chose to give me sparkling wine instead of a choice of red or white.

I've never been on a cruise where my OBC wasn't there for me.

Enjoy your cruise

ur friends had the same offer through their TA and the OBC showed up upon arrival at the boat, as did the bottle of wine. They also received red and can't drink red, and the dining room was more than happy to switch it out for white - just bring the bottle to dinner.

I have the same deal coming in a few weeks.. if you get a chance see if there is anyway to switch the wine to credit off the soda package.. My TA said to ask, but I don't know who to check with. The OBC is much more important

I have the same deal coming in a few weeks.. if you get a chance see if there is anyway to switch the wine to credit off the soda package.. My TA said to ask, but I don't know who to check with. The OBC is much more important

Didn't have the personal eperience, but I believe it was only that you could change the wine from red to white or sparkling. I don't think soda package was an option (and quite frankly, the bottle of wine our friend received was about a $20 value on board, soda package is over $50)

Hi,

It is probably the case that the overwhelming majority of cases are fine, but just in case you should bring your paperwork with you, including the number of your travel agent. We were due wine for each cabin (which we got) and $100.00 each cabin. We had 2 cabins. We only received $37.50 each cabin. When we questioned the purser they told us that is what the TA got for us. I had my paperwork from the TA. Then they told me the credit was $50.00 per cabin, and credited us another 12.50 each cabin. They tried to tell me I had $100.00 for the both cabins, but my paperwork clearly said for EACH cabin. We wound up having to call the TA from the ship who told us they refused to honor it. After getting names of everyone we spoke to and the names of the contacts in Miami, we left. I later found out my TA discussed this with Miami several times and they finally did give us a letter in both rooms saying we could have the $100.00 each. You won't have a leg to stand on if you don't have the paperwork. If there IS a problem, they will let you call the USA for free to speak to your TA. Insist on it if they don't. Chances are you will be fine. I do know that while we were in line other people were also at the desk complaining about the same thing. SO bring your paperwork but know you will most likely be fine. My TA said even if the cruise line didn't give me the credit on the ship, she would send me a check later, since that is what my contract indicated. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived