Getting the most out of my shopping

waterboy1977

There are many "deals" and beautiful items to buy here in Cozumel. I recommend you start at Cinco Soles downtown. It's a large Spanish style mansion converted into a store. Each room houses a different type of item: ceramics, jewelry, t-shirts, glassware, paper maiche, furniture, liquor, hammocks, vanilla, condiments, onyx, pewter and more! They buy in large quantities so the prices are very reasonable. If you can't find anything there (unlikely!) there are many more shops within the same block.

I echo CozSally's endorsement of Cinco Soles. Five trips to Cozumel and Cinco Soles is still our favorite store for shopping. Pancho's Backyard, a restaurant located inside the main store is our favorite watering hole in the entire Caribbean. Margaritas are terrific as well as their chips, quacamole and salsa.

Dianne

I bought a beautiful Sorelli necklace at Goodmarks in December. They had an outstanding selection to choose from. Everyone who has seen it wants one! No place in the states has such a nice selection. They are glitzy antique reproduction pieces made with Swarovski crystals in fabulous color combinations.

I didn't save any money since it is considered a "designer" piece - except for tax, but it was a fun shopping experience and a beautiful, unique piece of jewelry.

Can anybody tell me if the prices in the Los Cinco Soles located in the airport are the same as the main store? I know that there isn't as much of a selection, but I wanted to know if the airport prices were "inflated." For example, I think I paid about $4 for a bottle of hot sauce in the airport. Thanks!

Archived