Moped Rental

SteelerCruiser

Have been to Nassau several times but have never explored outside the norm of the Straw Mkt.....Atlantis...Etc.........We are going to be there in Nov and Jan and would like to possibly rent a Moped. Just wonder the cost on this and any other info would be great.

Thanks in advance for the info!!!

the price varies depending on how many ships are in port when there are several ships in port they wont deal at all it seems like it was around 50-60 for 4-5 hours. i would not recomend it unless you have lots of seat time those things are sketchy anyway and they drive nuts there.

Thanks for the info.......Yes that is one thing we are concerned about....the way they drive there can be a little on the wild side.....but anyone have any more info.......we are going to be there on a Saturday so at least 3-4 ships in port minimum........looking probaly for prices on 3-4 hours........thanks again in advance for advice.

Thanks for the info.......Yes that is one thing we are concerned about....the way they drive there can be a little on the wild side.....but anyone have any more info.......we are going to be there on a Saturday so at least 3-4 ships in port minimum........looking probaly for prices on 3-4 hours........thanks again in advance for advice.

I would not want to ride a moped in Nassau. The streets are very narrow, lots of traffic, crazy drivers, and of course they drive on the left. There are some places that riding a scooter is a fun way to explore, but I don't think Nassau is one of them. I would find a way to get out on the water if the weather was good, or take an excursion and let someone else do the driving.

Again thank you for the info.....yes we have thought about the drivers in Nassau and such.......but again I am looking for anyone who has rented a Moped in Nassau...or asked about renting a Moped in Nassau.

so anyone with info on prices for the rental Please Reply......

thanks for the help.......I am not trying to be rude Just looking for Info

like i said it was like 50-60 bucks and it was a lot of fun we had 4 or 5 couples and we had a blast but do be careful there is a reason the cruise ships do not recommend them and tell everyone not to do it, but were all really experienced motorcycle people and it was fun just chasing each other around.

thankyou again for your reply......I really appreciate the info.......like you mentioned b-4 prices vary day by day......depends on port load etc...I was looking to see if anyone else has had any experience with these in port..........once again thanks for the info I really appreciate it!!!

Up until no more than 6 months ago, the moped operators were scamming tourists and insurance companies. Insisted moped had new damage when you returned it. If you didn't pay they threatened to call the police, and put claims in with their insurance. Don't know if the insurance pursued the renters or not. A couple of locals that post here always said not to rent them because of that. I say 6 months, because I haven't read about it lately. But if I were you, I wouldn't rent one unless someone like scubagirl says those places were cleaned up.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just letting you know.

• 7 months later...
Up until no more than 6 months ago, the moped operators were scamming tourists and insurance companies. Insisted moped had new damage when you returned it. If you didn't pay they threatened to call the police, and put claims in with their insurance. Don't know if the insurance pursued the renters or not. A couple of locals that post here always said not to rent them because of that. I say 6 months, because I haven't read about it lately. But if I were you, I wouldn't rent one unless someone like scubagirl says those places were cleaned up.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just letting you know.

They haven't cleaned up their act. Still scamming, still in disrepair and gas gauges that don't work. Gov't should shut them down.

Just saw two different accidents last week on West Bay street. Each required an abulance.

My DH and I were in Nassau about 2 years ago and we rented a moped there. Nassau was an unexpected stop for us because the weather was too bad for the cruise line to tender us into their private island. We got off the boat and just looked around for things to do and we ended up renting the moped and going to fort charlotte, then to atlantis and then a beach on paradise island. We just used a map that the rental place gave us. We had the moped for about 4-5 hours and we paid $60 for it, with a $20 cash deposit and our credit card info. When we returned the moped they gave us the story about how we should tip them the extra $20 deposit because "that is really the only way they make their money" I like to help those who are in need however it seemed very fake and so i traded the 20 for a 10 and gave it to her. This was the only part of our day that was not absolutely perfect. We had an amazing time, just driving ourselves around, traffic was kind of crazy at some points but it didnt really bother us. If you think that your going to have a great time you will, if you think its going to be boring it will be...as long as you are smart and are really cautious and aware of where you are. We made sure that we stayed in the more touristy areas.

It does sound a little scary though with what others are posting here about them scamming the tourists, that would definitely make me think twice before renting.

I hope that this helps with some of the info that you need :)

Archived