Bathrooms in cabins marked handicapped?

kujo

I wanted to resurrect this post to verify if 635 still does not have a bath tub, the current layout on the Seabourn website shows a tub and shower.

No tub I can confirm! I am in #913 V6 CAT currently on the Quest and no tub either,,,,,I just love this Suite!

Hi, Kujo!

DH and I booked an A Guarantee on the Odyssey earlier this summer. We were "upgraded" to suite 519, the handicapped suite.

Honestly, I didn't like it. It did have a balcony, though we rarely used the balcony. Whenever we would take a shower the entire bathroom floor would get wet. Rather annoying.

Additionally, you will find that the closets in this suite are probematic. There is no walk-in closet. The closets there are shallow to allow for wheel chair accessability in the suite. Very hard to fit your clothes on the hangers and close the doors.

It did not stop us from having a great time, but I would not accept a handicap suite in the future.:)

Since the Quest just came out of Dry Dock on June 3rd, they have redone the Handicap Suites on here with a new deeper two door closet facing the bed which now allows you to hang your clothes without problems unlike before. They have also installed a full legnth mirror right to the left of the cabin door wall. Completely new carpeting and new marble tile (dark chocolate) and a better faucet system in the shower.

The current description on the Seabourn website states:

Roll-in shower and separate tub, wide interior & exterior doors, private veranda. The schematic shown here displays the layout of suite 635.

If there's no tub then it is misleading to say the least.

We are sailing on the Odyssey in a few weeks and our suite has a little handicap symbol on it. We didn't request this and wondered if the bathrooms are finished as nicely as the others? Or are they outfitted with the sometimes ugly rails and other accessories associated with handicapped accessible rooms?

Handicapped or not, in rough seas, the grab rails in a shower or tub can be quite useful.

so if you had your choice of PS 635 or deck 9/10 which would you choose?

When you say not as glamorous, that is because?

What about the closet and bathroom?

It is a matter of personal preference. Some apparently prefer deck 6; we prefer deck 9 as there are far fewer cabins so it feels more private. Additionally, we prefer the proximity tobthe Sky Bar Observation Lounge and the gym which is just across the way. Plus I get to use the stairs lots more to access the other venues.

Archived