wine buying in tampa

czexrus

Lots of options:

There is a wine shop in the Channelside entertainment complex (where the cruise terminal is located). They have a very nice selection - wide variety/price range, reasonable prices. Probably a little higher than a grocery store or one of the big liquor stores, but very convenient. Their website is www.tampawinedesign.com; the owners & employees are very helpful & friendly.

If you're flying in, there are both an ABC Liquor Store and a TotalWine almost right on the path between the airport & cruise port (on Dale Mabry, a block or so N of I-275).

All of the major grocery stores (Publix, Sweetbay, Winn Dixie) sell wine & all typically have a decent selection. There is a Publix a little south of the cruise terminal, just across the bridge onto Davis Island.

The two major pharmacies, CVS and Walgreens, sell a limited selection of wine (Gallo & similar price range).

Finally, all of the convenience stores sell NightTrain, MD 20/20, Thunderbird, and most of the other great bumwines. Paper bag included free of charge, but the aspirin you'll need later costs extra. :D

Stupid question number 1,999,999

Does the wine shop channelside sell beer as well?

We are staying pre-cruise and want to have some cocktails.

They have a nice selection of imports & microbrews, but I'm pretty sure they sell only as singles (i.e. no six-packs, cases, etc). Mostly their beer sales are sold to those who drink them in the courtyard at Channelside during times when they have a musician playing or some type of event going on in the courtyard (their beer prices are better than the prices charged at the bar-type places in Channelside).

If you're just wanting a few beers, it's not a bad deal. If you're wanting to drink more than a few, I'd go to the Publix on Davis Island (alternatively, there is a convenience store at the corner of Channelside DR & Kennedy Ave; you could either walk it or hop the trolley, get off at the Port Authority stop, you'll see the store from there).

Archived