Gas/petrol strike for three consecutive days. 15-17 September, 2010

sldcruiser

I just saw this posted on easytravelreport.com pertaining to Italy. Unfortunately, that's all it said and I couldn't find any other information about the strike. We were planning to take a water taxi from the airport in Venice to our hotel (near St. Mark's Square) on Sept. 17. It's important that we travel the easiest way because my husband recently had surgery on his achilles tendon and will be in a walking boot. The less walking with luggage the better! Will this strike affect water taxi service? I'd like to know what to expect before we get there, so any information anyone has about what this strike may entail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just saw this posted on easytravelreport.com pertaining to Italy. Unfortunately, that's all it said and I couldn't find any other information about the strike. We were planning to take a water taxi from the airport in Venice to our hotel (near St. Mark's Square) on Sept. 17. It's important that we travel the easiest way because my husband recently had surgery on his achilles tendon and will be in a walking boot. The less walking with luggage the better! Will this strike affect water taxi service? I'd like to know what to expect before we get there, so any information anyone has about what this strike may entail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Although this is just an educated guess (having lived in Italy), I would say that the water taxi operators will have enogh fuel stockpiled/stored to last through this period. The same would go for all public transportation.

Yes, after seeing your post, I contacted our private tour guide, as we have a tour booked for Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast on Sept. 16. They assured us that "Italians strike for everything" so they are used to it and have gas stockpiled. They said it would not affect our tour.

Megs

Archived