Non Swimmer and Cave Tubing

debihen

• 4 weeks later...

We had a non-swimmer in our group and he was completely comfortable....90% of the time the water is only a foot or so deep. The river is also very very calm. We booked with Cave-Tubing.com and had an excellent time.

That was something that was bothering me as out of the 6 of us going IM the only one that can not swim so if someone else can do it then IM sure I can it sounds like so much fun.am I better off booking on the ship or this X-stream and what do you think the weather will be on April 24th:)

Jeanniec,

We booked with XStream in January and it was the highlight of our trip. Richard (our guide and founder of XStream) was incredible. Very knowledgeable and very well educated. He grew up exploring the caves. He gave a city tour on our way out of town with a running commenatry of the history of Belize that was fascinating and informative. Once at the reserve, we had a nice walk through the jungle and he gave an excellant presentation on the local ecology. The walk is about 30 - 40 minutes and not strenuous at all. In January, the weather was very nice. Low 70's. The water is just a little chilly till you get used to it. In April it should be very nice there. We did not need any kind of insect repellant or sunscreen since you are not out in the open very long. There were only ten in our group and being a non swimmer is fine. There is no danger at all. Richard is also very aware of the ships time in port. We were back with an hour to spare. If you decide to go with XStream here is the link:

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

Also, definitely opt for the $5 lunch offered. It is excellant. Also try the Lighthouse Ale. It's very tasty.

I can't say enough about Richard and XStream. I will definitely be booking him in the future.

Have a great time in Belize.

Archived