Victory out of Dominica

VictoryLover2

That's bad news! I was really looking forward to doing this island intensive cruise again. (We sailed Victory in 2008.) Dominica was a highlight of our last trip and was the port I was most excited to visit again. What a disappointment. This will be my 9th cruise with Carnival but maybe I'll switch to another line in the future. If I want sea days it might as well be a new experience with a new cruiseline.

I am on the phone right now with my PVP; Carnival just had an emergency meeting with thier PVPS this was released early they were going to announce it on Friday. It is true Carnival is pulling out of Dominca, they are NOT pulling out of StThomas. They will make Dominica a sea day. This is fact straight from my PVP.

I am diassapointed for many reasons but this will not ruin my cruise and I still like Carnival!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(That is aimed at CARNIVAL, not SeashineSunshine.)

My TA just got off the phone with Carnival after I sent her SeashineSunshine's post and she confirmed that Dominica is cancelled. :( She said they are replacing it with St. Maarten, which was already as the last day of the cruise, so perhaps they are changing the order of the cruise - maybe the sea day will be the last day, as it is on many cruises.

My TA just got off the phone with Carnival after I sent her SeashineSunshine's post and she confirmed that Dominica is cancelled. :( She said they are replacing it with St. Maarten, which was already as the last day of the cruise, so perhaps they are changing the order of the cruise - maybe the sea day will be the last day, as it is on many cruises.

They replaced Antigua with St Maarten, Dominica is going to be a sea day. I hope they change the order of the cruise, if I have a sea day, I would like it to be at the end, not the beginning. My PVP said he has not heard about changing the order of the days....yet.

BTW, Antigua was great too!

They replaced Antigua with St Maarten, Dominica is going to be a sea day. I hope they change the order of the cruise, if I have a sea day, I would like it to be at the end, not the beginning. My PVP said he has not heard about changing the order of the days....yet.

BTW, Antigua was great too!

Will the cost go down (for those who have paid) or will we get an onboard credit for the tax & port fees that are being cut out?????

Will the cost go down (for those who have paid) or will we get an onboard credit for the tax & port fees that are being cut out?????

I am positive there will be no refunds given, it is part of the travel aggreement/contract that ports can be changed at any time for any reason. I have heard when they change an itinerary, you have 24 hours to get a full refund even with early saver, not positive though.

I am choosing not to be mad or upset about this, I am sad though.

Dang it! I'm booked on the 12/5/10 sailing and have booked my flight and paid for my hotel through price line. Is there any risk that they would change more than just skipping Dominica? I'm disappointed but can deal with the loss of one port - although like many of you I chose this itineary specifically because it was a new port every day - I'm not a fan of sea days. I hope they annouce this soon since so many of us are aware of the pending change. Thank goodness for these forums!

The word is out from CCL... some PVPs are telling clients it was leaked... details were to be out on Friday.... sounds like the itinerary is going to be mixed up too..... the ship will work its way to Barbados, possable sea day at the end... I guess we will have to wait for the "Official" word.

Brookie & Ed:(:(:(:(:(:(

I emailed guest services last night and they confirmed today that they are definitely not going to Dominica. I called my PVP at Carnival who was not in so I spoke to a guy who had no clue what I was talking about. He said if a change was being made I would have received an email. I looked and there is a Royal Carib. cruise leaving same dates and going to Dominica, Aruba, Curacao (not sure if I spelled right) and St Thomas...only $47 more than carnival......am seriously considering changed cruise lines for this trip...and my tour guide is available for the day Royal is there :-)

I posted this info in the Oct 31 Victory Roll Call also. My PPV called me tonight because I had left a message and insured me we would stop at Dominica on Nov 2nd, but the Victory would not stop there when she comes out of drydock on Nov 21st. A real shame! The sister line Princess skips Dominica too. It's only sea day also; prices actually cheaper right now.

I called Carnival tonight too. :( My PVP had no idea the changed happened. I told her what I had read on here...she put me on hold...came back and SAID, "wow, you taught me something tonight".

We aren't sure what we are going to do. The PVP said "formal letters" are being sent out Friday with details. That if we wanted to cancel (and she hoped not) that even though we booked ES we would still be able to get a full refund. I told her that honestly, we would have to think about it cause no at sea days was our main reason for booking the Victory - with the second being a new port every day.

I have air booked, night in OSJ booked, end of cruise transportation booked...:(

This is ridiculous..I booked this cruise and considered no others solely on the fact that there were no Sea Days. Save on fuel costs? Customer demand of Sea Days? BS. They don't sell nearly enough $7.00 "Fun Ship Specials", or whatever they call those daily special drinks, on port days, and thats all it boils down too. I rounded up family members and have currently booked 4 rooms on the June 5, 2011 sailing. Hopefully they replace it with a new port of call, or at least change the Sea Day to the last day. I wouldn't be happy with the latter, but would be better than a Sea Day in the middle of the trip.

Well, I just got off the phone with them and yes the letter goes out friday. Its replaced with a sea day. This cruise was pushed on the Conquest this summer. I booked it when I got home so I could make sure about airfare. They may reserve the right to make port changes, but I highly doubt this decision was made in a day.

By the way, does any one know of another criuse line with a southern carribean cruise without a sea day?

Well we are definitely disappointed :(. Bad move Carnival. If Royal's ship didn't leave the day before, we'd be on it. The whole reason we booked Victory was the lack of sea days. If we wanted a sea day we would have booked a trip with one (or more).

We'll still go and will still have a good time, but I am definitely disappointed. I hope they give us some incentive to enjoy the sea day, even if it's just port taxes from that stop. But I doubt it.

Yes, does anyone know of any alternative cruises without a sea day. Sorry Carnival, I have no allegiance. I will go with the best cruise, which you for sure offered until today. Now, I have to start checking again so I can cancel if I need to when i am "notified." They better at least knock off the port taxes for that port off the final price of the trip. Hopefully offer those of us currently booked some sort of on board credit, but probably not.

Well, I just got off the phone with them and yes the letter goes out friday. Its replaced with a sea day. This cruise was pushed on the Conquest this summer. I booked it when I got home so I could make sure about airfare. They may reserve the right to make port changes, but I highly doubt this decision was made in a day.

By the way, does any one know of another criuse line with a southern carribean cruise without a sea day?

There is no onther cruise without a sea day, in fact last time I checked every other cruise in every other line has at least 2 sea days. :rolleyes:

Yeah it appears they all have one sea day and all are well above what I paid already for Victory *sigh*. Royal has one leaving the same day as us that does go to Dominica, but it's $360 more per person and we'd lose our L shaped room with the long balcony and $100 OBC. Princess is about $70 more per person but it's a guarantee category which I really am not comfortable with. Plus we'd miss the casual atmosphere of Carnival. At least on Royal we'd be able to dine in several forums without dressing up.

Oh well. We'll just roll with it and hope we get a little price reduction as other people cancel. If I hadn't paid for airfare already, we'd be canceling.

They better at least knock off the port taxes for that port off the final price of the trip. Hopefully offer those of us currently booked some sort of on board credit, but probably not.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Port_Cancellation_Policy.aspx

REFUND OF GOVERNMENT FEES AND TAXES:

If a port is cancelled from the scheduled itinerary, a refund of the government fees and taxes for the cancelled port will be provided via a shipboard credit.

If a port is cancelled from the scheduled itinerary, a refund of the government fees and taxes for the cancelled port will be provided via a shipboard credit.

That's good to know!

I wish they had kept Dominica and gotten rid of one of the other ports instead, like Barbados. :(

I sure hope another ship agrees to a weekly stop in Dominica so the poor tour guides and tourist attractions don't lose out on money!!!!

That is really good to know....thanks for the info!!

Archived