Century, Sky Bar question

lizbeth

Hi -

Can anyone tell me what the Sky Bar serves for dinner? I was "told" that it is a white tablecloth restaurant in the evenings ... is this true? Is it similar to the surcharge restaurants on other ships?

I see that Century has Murano's for a $30 surcharge, but it appears that Sky Bar does not have a surcharge.

Hoping that someone just off Century can help provide this answer!

Thanks very much in advance,:)

Liz

Hi -

Can anyone tell me what the Sky Bar serves for dinner? I was "told" that it is a white tablecloth restaurant in the evenings ... is this true? Is it similar to the surcharge restaurants on other ships?

I see that Century has Murano's for a $30 surcharge, but it appears that Sky Bar does not have a surcharge.

Hoping that someone just off Century can help provide this answer!

Thanks very much in advance,:)

Liz

Does Sky Bar exist any more? I thought that's where they put the (no longer so) new sunset verandas up on that deck. Just is Muranos now.

Actually it is at the Sunset Bar, and is just aft of the Oceanview Cafe. On our 7 night in May, 2010 we used the casual dining offered in the evening on two ocassions. This was actually set up in the aft most portion of the Oceanview Cafe. It was quite relaxing, and it was done with white tablecloths, but was also very informal. We were treated like royalty by Kenneth, the maitre d' at the time, and anything we wanted be it from their menu, or the MDR was ours for the asking. They asked that we call ahead for reservations, and charged a two dollar per person fee for gratuities. I can't say whether or not tables were set up outside around the Sunset Bar, but it probably would be possible for the asking, since people would dine there other times of the day.

Thanks! I had guessed that the Sky Bar was not a dining venue, and once again, my Cruise Critic pals came through with an answer for me!

It sounds like Century has followed what the Celebrity M-class ships are doing ... offering another delightful dining venue for only $2.00 pp in gratuities.

Thanks to everyone who provided info on this!

Sunny sailing sky,

Liz

Archived