Snorkling at Jalousie Beach

billrco90278

How is the snorkling at Jalousie Beach? The tours such as Cosol and Spencer Ambrose that stop there mention snorkling and I am wondering if it would be worth the equipment rental cost. Or should we just enjoy the beauty of the setting and save snorkling for another island?

How is the snorkling at Jalousie Beach? The tours such as Cosol and Spencer Ambrose that stop there mention snorkling and I am wondering if it would be worth the equipment rental cost. Or should we just enjoy the beauty of the setting and save snorkling for another island?

Personally, for me, the snorkellling wasn't the greatest for me. Others in my group had some great reviews though. One person said they saw four octopus, I didn't see any. Maybe I swam in the wrong area. The main problem I had was getting out in the water- the shoreline was rocky and I didn't bring water shoes. Walking out in flippers is near impossible.

The views and scenery there make the trip worthwhile though. I have my own snorkel gear so I don't have to worry about rental costs (just carrying my stuff around). If you snorkel more than two or three times, its worth it to have your own.

Billrco ,

My whole family loved it and we even lent our masks to other people on

Spencer's tour , who had never snorkeled and they were amazed . Mdsue is absolutely right about the rocks we all wore swim shoes but it's rocky all the way out . We saw lots of fish and please don't bash me but I brought a mini box of cheerios off the ship and they just kept coming to us . The farther out we went the more we saw .

It really is worth buying a cheap mask and snorkel to start with and at Jalousie you won't need fins as it is in a protected cove . Coming up and seeing the Pitons over the water is simply unforgettable . Oh yeah we love Spencer ,

he is a true gentleman . Good luck !! TED

Archived