Sundays in Bermuda

lilyfrog73

Our cruise will be docking on a Saturday and not leaving until Monday. I have been reading up on Bermuda in some travel books that I bought and it looks like everythings closes up on Sundays. We will be docked the whole day that day as well as that is our anniversary. What kinds of things will be available? Am I reading things wrong?

Our cruise will be docking on a Saturday and not leaving until Monday. I have been reading up on Bermuda in some travel books that I bought and it looks like everythings closes up on Sundays. We will be docked the whole day that day as well as that is our anniversary. What kinds of things will be available? Am I reading things wrong?

The majority of the stores in Hamilton will be closed. That's not the case at the Dockyards.

Not sure what you are interested in. As mentioned most things in Hamilton are closed but I was just there and notice some retail are opened on Sundays. Most tourist related things are opened. The Royal Naval Dockyard has lots happening and everything is opened. There is Calypso Sundays and Taste of Bermuda, at the Cooperage Atrium. Go to www.frogandonion.bm it is a great site and tells you all that is going on.

• 9 months later...

Sounds like the Dockyards are lively enough on Sundays. Just wondered if it is worth going to Hamilton and St. George. The last post was from 2010 and I wanted to bring this up to date. Anyone been there more recently on a Sunday?

Dancing Lady

No, Hamilton and St. George are pretty well closed down on Sundays. We were there last Sunday and ended up staying in the Dockyard all day. However, you might book a tour for Sunday and save the shopping for the other days?

Archived