94 days to lose 25-35 pounds--anyone want to join me for support?

Paz1

Sorry to hear about your disc's, that must be painful. Anyway, I am big guy and I need to lose alot of weight. So, I saw this info mercial on the 6 week body makeover and my wife and I decide to try it. We started on 7/1 and I am currently at 49 lbs down. I never thought losing weight would be so easy. I dont starve at all, actually we eat 6 times a day. There is allot to mention, but what it is, is a high protein , low salt and low sugar eating plan. When you buy the kit, youi go walk through the instructional video and you figure out how your metabolism works, then you eat certain foods that will speed up your metabolism based upon what body type you are. The exercises are very easy. They send you a band that is basically surgical hose with handles on it and you only do it for 18 mins 2x a week. Too much exercise will make your bady shut down becuase it thinks it needs to store fat, but the foods you eat will burn it off. Im telling you, I am so glad we found this plan...it really works and you dont have to buy special foods or go to the meetings. By the way, those pre packaged foods are LOADED with sodium. They may help some people lose weight, but are killing their heart with the sodium. I suggest you check out this plan as if I can do it, anyone can. I expect to hit the 50 lb mark tomorrow or Sat. Its called the 6 week body makeover, and is designed for the average person to lose 30 lbs in 6 weeks, but if yo want to lose more, you just stay on the plan and keep losing until you are satified. Its works and its sooo easy !! Im going on a cruise in about three weeks and I WILL NOT NEED A SEAT BELT EXTENDER FOR THE PLANE RIDE THIS TRIP ...!!!!!:D

Excellente! nice job! What he says is correct.... no need to starve yourself workout regularly and eat lots of protein. Back off sugar and sodium... no eating closer than 3 hours to bedtime and eat 5-6 times a day...... we have the blog with tips as well as before after pictures ;)

http://scottiesoverthetop.blogspot.com/

Can I join in? We just booked a Christmas cruise for our family and it's the motivation I needed to get my extra weight off that I never git rid of after I had twins. I am counting calories on a program on my iPad but I have been a ww life timer in the past so I'm always thinking about points when I buy things. This is our first cruise so I'd really like to not wince at pictures taken with me in them lol My wi are Wednesdays.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to join! I am leaving for our cruise in 62 days (but who counts :D).

I recently found out that I am allergic to wheat, and when I eliminated it from my diet about 2 months ago, I lost weight without doing anything else different. But now it has leveled off (and I still have a long way to go!) so I have to start thinking about eating properly and exercising to get the weight loss moving again.

paz1 - Thanks for starting this thread - support is so important when trying to lose weight! I know what you mean about your husband being stick thin... My BF eats anything he wants and never gains a pound!

golfer1966 - I am very interested in the 6 week body makeover... I like that it is high protein and low sugar. Do you think following this plan would be possible without eating any wheat??? I went to their website and it said I would be a C body type.

I am looking forward to losing weight and hearing about everyone's successes!

Okay - it looks like I have found my home. I do love cruising, but I hate the thought of displaying my current form in a bathing suit for the world to see. I set a start date for October 1st, and I am trying to get my two girls to join me.

I have done this before; having lost 65 pounds of baby weight from my first two children, only to gain it all back after having my third. ( Can you call it baby weight when the baby is almost 13?)

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can spend these next 10 1/2 months working toward that goal, and I can actually enjoy myself without feeling so self-conscious. Another bonus - it will give me something to do besides watching the countdown clock!

I gotta say - the lack of response is not helping my self-esteem a whole lot. Did I commit some kind of faux pas?

I know what you mean! It suddenly got very quiet here!

Good idea to get your girls to join you... makes it so much easier. My daughter is also following my diet - she's an adult and doesn't live at home anymore, but we are getting together a couple of times a week for hiking and lunch or dinner.

Hope you are having a great day :)

Thanks for replying - I was starting to get a tad bit paranoid! My oldest daughter (18) actually already belongs to the Y, but she has been slipping in attendance of late. Hopefully if my 12yo & I join her, it will help her motivation too.

Tomorrow the diet officially begins, although I have cut way back this week in preparation. My biggest fear: getting on that scale for the first time. No more denying that awful number!

Thanks for replying - I was starting to get a tad bit paranoid! My oldest daughter (18) actually already belongs to the Y, but she has been slipping in attendance of late. Hopefully if my 12yo & I join her, it will help her motivation too.

Tomorrow the diet officially begins, although I have cut way back this week in preparation. My biggest fear: getting on that scale for the first time. No more denying that awful number!

I see that you're on the "30 pounds in 30 weeks" thread... I think I will join you over there. It looks like a good group of people!

Edited to say: Opps! I didn't mean to imply the people on this thread were not a good group of people! They just are not active on here right now...

I guess that some of us have been busy with other stuff. Sorry. My work has been really hectic and there is pressure not to use the internet for non-work surfing.

And I believe that I have been feeling guilty about not really losing much weight. I have been exercising but possibly not eating right.

Anyway, I apologize for not being very supportive.

Oh no, please don't apologize!!!

We have had a lot of rain here the past couple of days, so I have had a little too much time on my hands and spent a little too much time on the computer :) Unrealistically, I keep thinking everyone else is sitting in front of the computer goofing off too!

It's hard to eat right when work is things at work are so busy! I'm glad you have been able to fit in time to exercise - it's so important! Keep it up! I'm sure you will get your eating back on track soon!

It will be sunny tomorrow so I will be going for a long hike - plus hopefully will get focused enough to work on a few things that I need to get done!

I will weigh myself tomorrow and post my starting weight...

Hope everyone is having a good week!

In order to boost my enthusiasm for dieting, I am going to try the Health Magazine CarbLovers Diet. I purchased the book. This weekend I plan to purchase appropriate food. I am hoping that I will lose 10 or more pounds eating bananas and beans and other tasty food. The book's suggested menus and recipes look good. I think that I can do it.

The Carb Lovers diet looks very interesting! And who doesn't love carbs :D

I would be very interested to hear about your progress and see if you find it easy to follow.

I am doing almost the opposite - I am doing low carb :D

My daughter is coming over tomorrow and we are going to go hiking - I have new shoes to break in, so hope I can go for two hours without getting blisters!

Paz - I'll join! Although, I have more time until I cruise, I need to lose weight and get fit just because I need to.

Been on the treadmill the past 3 days, and have been eating much healthier too. I know I need to be patient - so any support I can get/offer is good with me!

How were your first couple of days on the Carb Lovers diet? Was it hard to start on a weekend?

Hi rpouls - it's kind of a quiet group, but we would be happy to support you! Sounds like you are off to a very good start!

I seem to be losing focus - the cruise will be here before I know it and I need to really get motivated! I think exercise is going to be the key... Now that I finally have my new trail running shoes, I need to see if my body is going to allow me to do any actual running. But even if I am not ready for much running, I can just hike and that will burn a lot of calories too!

With that in mind, I will go pack my clothes for hiking so I can head out right after work tomorrow - no excuses!

I've been working hard and have gotten 17 lbs off since mid July, the last few weeks I've just been maintaining. Gotta get my head back in the game. When I write it down, I lose, when I stop writing, I stop losing. Our cruise is in January for our 15th anniversary. I'd love to see another 20 off by then.

I also need to get back to exercising too.

How is everyone doing? I'm doing good. Got back on the eliptical, and found muscles I had forgotten I had!:eek: I've been worried about being able to walk to the top of Alun Ha (Belize Myan ruin). If I can do 45 minutes with the highest tension on that mean eliptical, I think I can handle those stairs!:)

Good luck this week!

Beckie

I'm doing Alun Ha too. I'm sure my daughter will be running circles around me, but I will climb it!

Good idea about writing down what you eat. I do so much better when I track my food. I think I will get back on track with that today. I will head to Whole Foods after work and get some good fruits and veggies! How is Carb Lovers diet going?

I haven't been around much because I have been working on my last couple of papers for school - just turned in one this week and only have one more to go before I graduate!

I'm doing Alun Ha too. I'm sure my daughter will be running circles around me, but I will climb it!

Good idea about writing down what you eat. I do so much better when I track my food. I think I will get back on track with that today. I will head to Whole Foods after work and get some good fruits and veggies! How is Carb Lovers diet going?

I haven't been around much because I have been working on my last couple of papers for school - just turned in one this week and only have one more to go before I graduate!

Congrats on the classes! I'm not doing the carb lovers diet. Im just eating more fruit and veggies, and taking the time to plan out what I'm going to eat. I aslo started eating breakfast which is something I really hadn't ever done.

Good Luck!

Archived