Happy Happy, Joy Joy

ToadStar

I have quite a wait until my first cruise (honeymoon cruise), but thanks to these boards I have my excursions all setup! Renting a car in Grand Cayman and doing things at our own pace since I have read this is the safest island to be able to do this. Also, since there is one major road and it travels in a circle how lost could we get (no I don't want the answer lol!)? We will be going on the Bodden Best of Roatan Tour and Monkey Business leaving us at Half Moon Bay/West End Village. In Belize we will be going to Lamanai. I was hesitant to book this, but after reading many reviews decided this was a unique opportunity (originally wanted to go to Ambergris Caye). What I am looking most forward to is going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and getting massages on the beach. I am going to try to get my wave running and snorkeling in here - that is if I don't have a few too many piña coladas and the fh isn't getting our monies worth in Corona lol.

I have quite a wait until my first cruise (honeymoon cruise), but thanks to these boards I have my excursions all setup! Renting a car in Grand Cayman and doing things at our own pace since I have read this is the safest island to be able to do this. Also, since there is one major road and it travels in a circle how lost could we get (no I don't want the answer lol!)? We will be going on the Bodden Best of Roatan Tour and Monkey Business leaving us at Half Moon Bay/West End Village. In Belize we will be going to Lamanai. I was hesitant to book this, but after reading many reviews decided this was a unique opportunity (originally wanted to go to Ambergris Caye). What I am looking most forward to is going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and getting massages on the beach. I am going to try to get my wave running and snorkeling in here - that is if I don't have a few too many piña coladas and the fh isn't getting our monies worth in Corona lol.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

A honeymoon cruise, how wonderful, hopefully you all can get out of your cabin every so often to enjoy the ship too. You will need those massages at Cozumel!

Thank you all so much!

KCMarie - I'm pretty sure we'll be out of the room lol. I love to travel and FH has never been out of the U.S., but does love sailing.

We love the water, but didn't want just water activities for this trip. I know some people don't really use the pools on the ship as the are small, but I'm sure we will! Being from Massachusetts we need our families, friends, and co-workers jealous of our tans when we get back before the summer season begins in the northeast. I've been counting down the days since 313 now am at 249 - this winter really needs to fly by!!!

Now remember kids - come up for air at some point, you will have the rest of your lives together!! :p

I am excited for you. Our cruise is a 20th Anniversary cruise and I remember my honeymoon like it was yesterday. We landed in Bermuda day 1, hit the beach with no sunscreen, got back to the hotel bright red and a fine case of sun poisoning - LOL

We laugh now, but I still remember the hotel room service bringing boxes of corn starch so we could take corn starch baths to feel better. Eh, chalk it up to being young and dumb.

Sounds just great! Back in '88 when we got married our travel agent suggested a cruise and we turned her down and went to Hawaii instead.:eek: We had a wonderful time, but I could have been addicted so much earlier.:)

Heather

Our TA said the same thing in '90 - wish we would have listened. But honestly, cruising then wasn't what it is today. Think about those ships, not many amenities, although I do like smaller ships. Heck when we got married the Fantasy class was still on the drawing boards and they were the first sort of ships designed for casual cruising.

How do I get a countdown clock?

Originally I wanted to go to Hawaii and fh suggested a cruise. I reserched and did a price comparison and the cruise won and I couldn't be more excited! In the future I hope to do a cruise of Hawaii lol. Already trying to plan the next cruise - I'm thinking southern caribbean...

We both have sailed on fishing boats and ferries and we don't suffer from seasickness (fh did once but ocean was super rough) so I'm hoping that we should both be fine on the big fun ship - is this a correct assumption? We will be on the Carnival Valor. Yes I plan on eating 1 night at the Steakhouse.

Mach has there been any updates as to when the Valor will be getting the chef's table? Fh is a bit of a foodie as he used to work as a sous chef for the Regency...

Our TA said the same thing in '90 - wish we would have listened. But honestly, cruising then wasn't what it is today. Think about those ships, not many amenities, although I do like smaller ships. Heck when we got married the Fantasy class was still on the drawing boards and they were the first sort of ships designed for casual cruising.

Yes, you're right. But maybe we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much then as we do now. And I've never been on a smaller ship so I can't say how that would be, either.

Heather

How do I get a countdown clock?

There is a variety of places to get a countdown clock, including here in Cruise Critic. Up at the top of the page in the header section, there is a link to 'countdown clocks'. Just click on it, the directions are easy to follow.

I like the ticker factory ones though because they take up less room and have some different fun options.

Archived