This is what happens when you Miss the Boat!

karfest

I just booked a Dream cruise, and in searching for all threads involving the Dream, came across this one. I've never heard from anybody missing their ship.

We cruised Celebrity recently and stopped in Roatan. About 15 minutes before departure (15 minutes after all were supposed to be back on the ship), there was a long blast of the ship's horn. We were told it was for an employee whose family lived thre, and that the employee was late. Sure enough, 15 minutes after departure time, a van was speeding up to the pier. To the applause of about 100 people on the top deck, the employee ran from the van to the gangplank. Within minutes, we were underway. At the time I thought there was nothing more embarassing than to have a hundred people applaud your arrival -- I was wrong, being left behind is worse.

We've never had this problem -- we either book a tour through the cruise line, or get back 4 hours prior to departure. I'm too afraid this will happen.

After the employee was late, a crew member stated that its not unusual for a passenger to hop aboard the ship from the Pilot Boat, when they arrive a few minutes late.

The original thread was pulled because it took a nasty turn (there's a surprise!).

Look at post #17. Julie was smart enough to post it onto this thread before it went away.

Interesting reading.

Wow, what an experience that could have been avoided. Roatan is one hour behind ships time. We were told numerous times (newsletter, tv, loudspeaker, and others) that we must not change our clocks and to be aware of the time. I truly don't know how anyone could miss any of the announcements or why you wouldn't naturally know that you must be more aware of time differences on a cruise to different locations.

Archived