Anyone familiar with Shaun Ebanks and Seven Seas Cayman?

azkcruizers

Hi...I've been looking for a private charter in Grand Cayman and came across Shaun Ebanks of Seven Seas Cayman Charters. The only review I find is on tripadvisor and very positive. I know the Ebanks name is common in Cayman, but am surprised to find no other reviews anywhere. He responded to my email very quickly and is a very reasonable price. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard of him or used him in Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is probably a little late for you but I do know Shaun Ebanks of sevenseas. He is about as good as it gets. We are going back to sail with Shaun. My wife, myself and my grandson had a wonderful time with Shaun on his boat Volare. If you need more information or anyone else does, please feel free to contact me.

• 5 months later...

Super excited! We just booked a 5 hour rays/coral garden/star fish sail with 7 Seas and Shaun! So far he has been awesome in retuning my emails, answering questions, and offering us a private sail. Has anyone sailed with Shaun recently? His reviews on Trip Advisor are amazing, but I can't find much here on CC.

Where does this company pick you up at? Is it near the cruise ship dock? Has anyone done the Sting Ray City, Coral Gardens and Starfish Beach with them?

Shaun is picking us up at the exit of the cruise ship terminal. That's the tour we have booked. I needed to make certain we had enough time since it's the longes tour, and a tender port for us. He's been great in communicating times/pickup. He is even bringing a Cayman Island police patch for our son who is a Dallas PO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW, what an amazing day we had sailing with Shaun and Erwin! After about a half dozen trips to the Caymans, this was by far our favorite. Shaun was right on time waiting for us at the entrance to the cruise terminal, transported us a short distance to his beautiful sail boat, and we were off for an amazing day. We have visited the rays and reef in the past, but nothing compares to having a small group of just five and two "locals" to be our guide. The Rays, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Beach were our destination for the day, and each one was fabulous! We sampled marinated conch (which got mixed reviews) :) and had unlimited drinks as we sailed away in the beautiful waters of the Caymans. By the end of the day we were relaxed and happy travelers. A+++++ to 7 Seas Charters!

Reading back over the thread it looks like there is no contact information yet for this company. For those interested, check out the website of 7 Seas Cayman for more information.

Disclaimer: As usual, I have no financial interest in this or any other company in the tourism sector in Cayman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
WOW, what an amazing day we had sailing with Shaun and Erwin! After about a half dozen trips to the Caymans, this was by far our favorite. Shaun was right on time waiting for us at the entrance to the cruise terminal, transported us a short distance to his beautiful sail boat, and we were off for an amazing day. We have visited the rays and reef in the past, but nothing compares to having a small group of just five and two "locals" to be our guide. The Rays, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Beach were our destination for the day, and each one was fabulous! We sampled marinated conch (which got mixed reviews) :) and had unlimited drinks as we sailed away in the beautiful waters of the Caymans. By the end of the day we were relaxed and happy travelers. A+++++ to 7 Seas Charters!

Can you tell me what he charged for your private charter? Shaun is one we are considering for our stop next week in the Caymans!

Thanks,

Sunshins

Can you tell me what he charged for your private charter? Shaun is one we are considering for our stop next week in the Caymans!

Thanks,

Sunshins

Shaun would be a great choice Sunshins! I hate to quote is wrong-I don't have all my emails anymore. There were 5 of us. Shaun let is pick between the sailboat or the power boat. The sailboat is more because he has to have a 2 man crew. The powerboat is one man. We choose the sailboat. I believe it was $550 total. I think the powerboat was $350-375? I can't remember now-sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

So can you describe what it was about this trip you liked. Was it the boat or the crew. What made it different.

So can you describe what it was about this trip you liked. Was it the boat or the crew. What made it different.

All of the above :) We are not fond of cruise ship excursions. We much prefer small group one on one type interaction. Shaun and Erwin were so attentive, fun, and knowledgeable, we never had a dull moment. I am not a swimmer, and a lot of times I will never get off the boat on these type of excursions. They were awesome and encouraged me to try, helping me along as we went. For the first time ever I got to enjoy what the others always see. It was AWESOME! We have been to the Caymans many times, but we saw and learned so many new things on this sail. I can't speak for his power boat, but the sailboat was beautiful, clean and well cared for. We actually sailed. A lot of times these tours will never put up the sails and opt to go under power. Our grown son was with us on this cruise. He is a police officer. Shaun ( an ex-officer himself) brought him a Cayman Island PD patch and they two exchanged. It's that kind of going the extra mile that we really love and appreciate. Truly, you will not be disappointed. I hope this helps?

Archived