Radisson Hotel – Cape Canaveral

Diggie

I’ve been reading through a lot of threads regarding the Radisson Hotel in Cape Canaveral that were giving negative reviews. For me, I found the complete opposite from the time I arrived on August 31st at 1600.

Prior to arriving I discovered what I thought was a bad car battery was in fact an alternator gone wrong. When I pulled into the parking lot after a 7 hour drive my car would not start. With the help of Devin and Robert, along with I believe the Manager and another young man they called Triple AAA for me and within 30 minutes my car was towed to a shop and fixed. The men at the shop were also nice as can be and I can’t think of the name of the shop and I even got a free car wash after getting my alternator installed.

I was given room 832, which was upstairs and a really nice room. I also enjoyed using the gym during my stay, as well as the pools.

So if anyone doubts using the facility, give them a try and hopefully your stay will be as wonderful as mine. Lauren was also helpful to me during my stay as well! Also, I had no problems with my car when I came back from my cruise and no problems with the shuttle, which took me on time to the ship and was there when I got off at 0745.

So give them a try, you’ll like it! :D

I’ve been reading through a lot of threads regarding the Radisson Hotel in Cape Canaveral that were giving negative reviews. For me, I found the complete opposite from the time I arrived on August 31st at 1600.

Prior to arriving I discovered what I thought was a bad car battery was in fact an alternator gone wrong. When I pulled into the parking lot after a 7 hour drive my car would not start. With the help of Devin and Robert, along with I believe the Manager and another young man they called Triple AAA for me and within 30 minutes my car was towed to a shop and fixed. The men at the shop were also nice as can be and I can’t think of the name of the shop and I even got a free car wash after getting my alternator installed.

I was given room 832, which was upstairs and a really nice room. I also enjoyed using the gym during my stay, as well as the pools.

So if anyone doubts using the facility, give them a try and hopefully your stay will be as wonderful as mine. Lauren was also helpful to me during my stay as well! Also, I had no problems with my car when I came back from my cruise and no problems with the shuttle, which took me on time to the ship and was there when I got off at 0745.

So give them a try, you’ll like it! :D

Diggie, I HAD NO IDEA you encountered a problem - remember when I have said many many many times, jot down the name of the GM's of any place you may want to stay?

Anyhow you couldn't have been in better hands - Robert is the assistant manager that works with Joe P the manager - they have such a great team - the place your car was taken was to Amoco which is about 1/4 miles from there and also an AAA provider.

I am so glad all worked out for you - listen sometimes I believe folks like to complain just to do so - 99 3/4 times it isn't so - go with your gut instint and most of the time you will be right. anyhow so glad all turned out so good for you and it really was great chatting you a few times.

Stay well and stay safe

your friend

Thanks for posting!:D

We are looking at staying there in January, looks like it is a very nice place!

Shirley, I've enjoyed reading all help you have given! Planning this trip has been much easier thanks to you! ;)

We had 2 rooms in Feb. We had a great time. We were with a big group of about 30 rooms if not more. Joe the manager was wonderful. We went up front to have breakfast. Of course , I cant remember the name maybe Zacchary's . Awesome breaksfast . Got there early as it gets crowded laer. Our room was fine and clean. No problems at all. I would stay there again .

i have a question for those who have stayed at the radisson. is there a store or grocery near by & within walking distance to stock up on coke to bring onboard ships? we aren't renting a car so would have to be close by.

here you go and it is right next door in front of the Radisson

(right next door to Residence Inn and Country Inns and Suites) is a big Racetrak mini mart/gas station for beer and probably some wine plus other supplies as water, sodas, snacks etc. Most stores that sell only beer and wine and are allowed to sell between 7 am to 2 am except most places on Sunday don’t start until 12PM. Racetrak has a very friendly staff members and have been known to help many number of lost guests find themselves on the right road.

They also now have beach supplies such as sunglasses, sun lotion etc and working toward getting more supplies on hand.

Hi Shirley:

I told my travel agent to make sure to book more cruises out of Cape Canaveral just so I can go back to the Radisson. LOL

They also have McDonalds across the street and the post office, which was great since I needed some post card stamps. I just love it there and the Mall was really nice and Wal-mart, along with T.J. Maxx!

:p

Hi Shirley:

I told my travel agent to make sure to book more cruises out of Cape Canaveral just so I can go back to the Radisson. LOL

They also have McDonalds across the street and the post office, which was great since I needed some post card stamps. I just love it there and the Mall was really nice and Wal-mart, along with T.J. Maxx!

diggie we didn't get to meet, but you must be quite the gal - thanks for stopping by and keeping in touch L:-)

Hi Shirley:

thanks for the MickeyDs info :D

and THANKs again Shirley for all your help!

Racetrack should fit our needs for soda and snacks:)

I'm the in charge of gathering as much info and making reservations for everything in our group.

We've always cruised out of PC but never stayed overnight there. When travelling to PC, we always had our sights directly set on the ship once you pass over the first bridge so we've never noticed anything else around.

I had someone in our group asking about nearby stores and food. So I guess my questions are...

1) How close is the mall from the Radisson?

2) What kind of stores are across from the Radisson?

3) Do they allow pedestrians to cross street/is it safe?

The last Radisson I stayed at, they had a shuttle that ran to local malls. Wonder if they do that at PC...

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
I'm the in charge of gathering as much info and making reservations for everything in our group.

We've always cruised out of PC but never stayed overnight there. When travelling to PC, we always had our sights directly set on the ship once you pass over the first bridge so we've never noticed anything else around.

I had someone in our group asking about nearby stores and food. So I guess my questions are...

1) How close is the mall from the Radisson?

There is no "mall" very close but a shopping center with a grocery store is about one mile up A1A. There is also a CVS or Walgreens across the street from Ron Jons and they offer a shuttle to the Ron Johns area.

2) What kind of stores are across from the Radisson?

There is the aforemention mimi-mart and a restaurant called Zachary's on the same side of the street on one side. An Italian place on the other side. Across the street is a sushi place and the aforementioned McDonalds.

3) Do they allow pedestrians to cross street/is it safe?

There is a traffic light right in front of Zacharys

The last Radisson I stayed at, they had a shuttle that ran to local malls. Wonder if they do that at PC...

They run a shuttle up to the Cocoa Beach surf shop that has a STARBUCKS (Mrs Cbmcruisers favorite) in it. It is across the street from Ron Jons and catty-corner to a CVS or Walgreens. Up that street (I think it is #520 is a Walmart and several restaurants (both chains and locally owned) but i don't think you can walk to them.

Thanks!

I have answered above.

Archived