From Alabama to NC...Road trip..cool places??

brown_eyed_poet

:DMy husband and I have 3 additional days off work after our cruise. We are looking for some cool things to do, see, and places to stay....anywhere between Alabama and North Carolina. Thinking about stopping at Pensacola for a day or so. Any other ideas? Any other cool cities? Off road attractions? Any info would be appreciated! Leaving in 2 days!

What time of year?

You could drive along the gulf coast to Panama City before you head north. Personally, I prefer Destin or Santa Rosa over Pensacola.

No matter where you spend the night it is a beautiful drive. Make sure you take scienic HWY 30A between Destin and Panama City, it keeps you closer to the beach.

My family also enjoyed the USS Alabama in Mobile, you could visit there when you leave the ship, you only need a couple of hours there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which route you maybe taking. Lots to see. Chattanooga is a great destination. The Tennesse Aquarium, Chattanooga Choo, Choo, etc.

Birmingham area: two World Class Golf Courses (Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail through out Alabama). Ross Bridge Renaissance Marriott is wonderful place to stay. Vulcan, McWane Center, Zoo & Botantical Gardens, Birmingham Museum of Art, Lots of Shopping (Galleria & the Summit).

Contact the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.

Montgomery area: Alabama Shakespeare Festival.

Contact the Alabama Tourism site and they will send you all kinds of information about Alabama.

Gulf Shores/Orange Beach are near Mobile.

Hope this helps.

Archived