rooming options for a family of 5

gelson

We get two connecting oceanview cabins. It's great to have the extra bathroom and TV, and that way everyone can have their space when needed.

We've only sailed Carnival thus far, and since they've gone above and beyond in providing us with more than we could ask for, we've stuck with them (this will be our fourth cruise coming up in January). Their kids programs are first rate (my kids begged to go to Camp at every opportunity) and they provide a great balance between adult time and family time.

Good luck!

Price it out and see what fits best for your family. With the ages of your children you will need to book early to get connecting rooms. 2 connecting cabins is usually always cheaper than the least expensive family suite. We had family suites on Disney & Carnival. Disney had the extra 1/2 bath so that worked out better for us. On RCCL we had two cabins and the extra storage space, 2 tv's, and 2 bathrooms (as the other poster said) was wonderful. Either way you will have a great time.

I agree. Two connecting cabins will be ideal for you. You will have 2 bathrooms, extra storage space, and you can close the door when the kids are asleep. I have had connecting cabins on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Disney. Book early as they seem to go fast.

In addition to the suite or connecting rooms options, just wanted to mention that Royal Caribbean has family sized rooms: inside, outside and suite. They are significantly larger than the regular rooms, and have a separate small room with bunk beds, as well as a pull out couch, and of course 2 beds which can be put together to make a queen. Not all of their ships have all of these categories, but you might want to see if they have availability. Like the connecting cabins, these also go early, and I think you need to call RCCL directly to book these, and must be a group of five or six in order to book (although once in a blue moon they have leftovers and they will turn up online and available for smaller groups). Good luck - hope you find a great cruise!

Archived