Snorkeling in Freeport, Bahamas?

ANGSWIN

I have always wanted to go snorkeling, but have never really been before (besides at Typhoon Lagoon at DisneyWorld - and I don't think that it counts there)! My hubby and daughter are not really swimmers, so I did not get to experience snorkeling in the Caribbean last year during our cruise. However, we had some great excursions and I really can't complain.

However, my hubby and I are going on a romantic getting on a short Carnival cruise in Dec to the Bahamas. I was able to find an excursion in Freeport that included snorkeling (NOT off of a boat - hubby's not a big swimmer) as well as some historical sightseeing. I am pretty excited about it. Has anyone been snorkeling in Freeport before?

• 1 month later...

just came back from Freeport and we went to Dead Man's Reef/ Paradise Cove. It is mainly shallow water. It is a bit of a swim out to the reef (waist deep water), but they will give you a belly float and you won't have any problems swimming out there. DH and I are in our 60's and had no problems. Loved it.

Here is a link to a short video that I shot.

we are going to try snorkeling there on our day and you are right that price is more than reasonable and sounds perfect for a very fun day at the beach with my miniadult kids, thank you for the showing the video too

• 2 weeks later...

Our family went to Paradise Island over spring break. Granddaughter, age 6 at the time, said it was "The bestest day of her life." She swam out to the reef with the rest of the family and saw an amazing amount of fish. The price was right and so was the snorkeling.

just came back from Freeport and we went to Dead Man's Reef/ Paradise Cove. It is mainly shallow water. It is a bit of a swim out to the reef (waist deep water), but they will give you a belly float and you won't have any problems swimming out there. DH and I are in our 60's and had no problems. Loved it.

Here is a link to a short video that I shot.

Great video!! Did you book directly with Paradise Cove through email? Also, did you go out on a boat or swim out to the reef from the beach? Are there beach chairs available for those who do not want to snorkel?

Thanks!

Great video!! Did you book directly with Paradise Cove through email? Also, did you go out on a boat or swim out to the reef from the beach? Are there beach chairs available for those who do not want to snorkel?

Thanks!

We booked directly with Paradise Cove. Great family owned place. You swim out to the reef. The water is mostly waist deep. They will give you a belly float which made the swim effortless. They have beach chairs and a beautiful sand beach. There is also a grill and small shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived