Amazing secret river through carnival valor

jolynn84

I did this when I was on the Legend last week and here's what I posted on it before when answering some other people's questions: My entire family (me, dh, dd10, ds12, ds13). Our guide Gozo was fantastic. It can be physically taxing, but nothing is scary. The water was a little chilly,but not too cold (and I am a cold water wimp). The time in the water is not very long, most of it is just wading. The water has fish that hide from light. Also, barely visible plankton/shrimp (the size of Sea Monkeys) and small catfish. The moment of total darkness was brief. No snakes. There were a few spiders, but not close to us. Gonzo went out of his way to find them to show us. The pix were $25 for a print & $60 for the CD. The lunch was good: ham sandwhiches, salads, fruits, jicama, dif. juices/water/teas. Also at the end all adults were given a shot (or 2) of some liquor that tasted like black licorice. Overall, very cool! My kids would love to go back and do it again. Also, they make you shower before going in b/c products like lotion, hairspray and deodorant pollute th water, so feel free to skip those in your morning routine. Hope that covers it for you, otherwise just ask and I'll answer.

Archived