2 Questions...

OT2Be2004

1. Is the ocean rough in the bahamas? As in is the water calm and relaxing while at the beach or wavy? (I know this would be more appropriate at the Bahamas board but figured I would add it to my other question)

2. What is self assist debarkation? What are the options?

Thanks!! Trying to think of all the last minute questions!

1) Depends on the weather and where you are - Paradise Beach can be a bit rough sometimes, and very calm others.

2) Self assist means you carry ALL your luggage off the ship yourself. Or you can put most outside your cabin the night before, take only a carry-on off, and pick up the bigger bags at the port in the AM, decks are called for self assist, then "numbers" are called. VIPs usually get #1, then others are called, up to 20 something, depending on ship.

If you're at all like me, a little wimpy with some physical problems, stay away from self-assist. Some of those gangways can be like an obstacle course when trying to maneuver heavy luggage through them. And trying to get an elevator can be a nightmare. We've debarked both ways and we'll be putting our bags out the night before, thank you. Don't forget to keep your overnight bag, though, or you may be debarking in PJs. :eek:

Archived