Upgrade

gunnerfubar

Just received an upgrade on the Triumph sailing in April. Our whole group was upgraded from an interior cabin on the bottom deck (Riviera) to 8 decks up on the Veranda. Has anybody heard of getting upgraded this many decks before? I've never been upgraded before, so not sure if this is normal or not. My TA said she hasn't seen this big of a jump in decks before.

-Gunner

Just received an upgrade on the Triumph sailing in April. Our whole group was upgraded from an interior cabin on the bottom deck (Riviera) to 8 decks up on the Veranda. Has anybody heard of getting upgraded this many decks before? I've never been upgraded before, so not sure if this is normal or not. My TA said she hasn't seen this big of a jump in decks before.

-Gunner

Unless your TA is very new she was pulling your leg. Sounds like you went from a 4A to a 4F, which is not that rare. As recent as last year Carnival ran specials where you could book a cabin and automatically upgrade to the highest cabin within that category. What would be rare is to go from a inside to a balcony.

Im sure you will have a great time on Triumph! Is this your first cruise? Prepare to become an addict :)

Ok, maybe my TA was more impressed with the level of the upgrade for the size of our group. About 16 cabins in total. This will be our 2nd cruise. Sailed the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas a few years back. Cruises by far are my favorite type of vacations. We were slated for a 4A cabin on the Riviera deck, do you know what cabins are on the Veranda deck for the Triumph? 4b,c,d etc?

Thanks again

-Gunner

I have had that a few times. Last month I went from 4 inside Guarantee to a Balcony.

The best I ever had was on the Pride to Bermuda in August of 2003. I went from a Cat 1A inside to an 8A Balcony

Steve

The same exact upgrade for us. Bottom Riviera to Verandah. I'm happy!

What cruise are you on Judyf? I'm on the triumph sailing on April 30th of this year. I'm guessing it was because there was nowhere to put our large group. I just checked Carnival's site, and there were only 2 cabins available on the Riviera.

-Gunner

My TA asked for us to be upgraded because after we made our deposit for six passengers in two cabins we were told that Carnival was retrofitting cabins on the Conquest and removing the fourth bunk (We had two in a balcony cabin and four across the hall in an inside). We book early because we have four kids and my husband and I have to "split up" across the hall from each other so we can have one balcony and pay a cheaper price for four of us inside. We were upgraded to two suites from a balcony and an inside! I didn't believe it until I got the papers with the cabin numbers in writing. These are cabins we could NEVER afford and I am soooo excited for the cruuise next August!

Archived