What is Margaritaville like in Ochos Rios?

ladyt

There is a beach with water sports, water slide from the second floor through the bar, restaurant, gift shop, etc. They have a dj playing music and they were playing a scavenger hunt when we were there a few weeks ago.

Is this part of the same Jimmy Buffet "Margaritaville" restaurants? Also, is it possible to just stop in there after you've done whatever other shore excursions you may do? Please bear with me, I feel like a first time cruiser, having only done the Disney 4-day before, about five years ago. Thanks for the info--also, I think I will contact Peat Taylor for my shore excursions.

Mariner of the Seas-3/27

Yes, we stopped there to have a Cheeseburger in Paradise after our day with Peat and going to Dunns and river tubing. He showed us exactly how to get back to the ship before dropping us off right at the door of the plaza. You will have a great day with Peat.

The Wog,

I read your post and since you did the exact tour we will be doing with Peat Taylor , could you tell me what the river tubing was like? I am very scared of snakes and am nervous about the river tubing portion of the tour was it muddy water and did you see snakes? Thanks so much!

Sure..... It was a lot of fun. The water is very clear. You can see the bottom and most areas it is only a couple feet deep. Surprisingly enough there are no snakes on Jamaica. I was told this and relayed it to my wife who did a search and confirmed that there aren't any snakes (she is very afraid too). There are small little gecko lizard things, but they are small and harmless and normally stay away. The water had no "critters" in it that I could see and felt comfortable standing in it at the stop we were at. You will enjoy the ride. There are a couple areas that the "rapids" get a little faster, they just keep you flowing. They aren't intense enough to flip you or really even get you wet, its just a lot of fun to float down. You will enjoy the trip and will not get eaten by any exotic snakes. :D I promise.

Archived