Pre-Cruise Stay, Park & Cruise Hotels

springersx2dal1

Has anyone had any experience with a hotel that allows you to leave your car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise as well as provide shuttle service to and from Port Everglades? There is a Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport that does this, but am wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I really don't want to leave my car somewhere that isn't safe to leave it, but doing it this way would save $ over parking at the port. We are taking the Maasdam in January, which leaves out of there. Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

I suggest that you read and/or post your question on the Florida Departures forum, where you will find the experiences of cruisers from many lines. When you get there, Search on the word Hampton and you will find hundreds of posts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We have been staying at the Hollywood/FLL Airport LaQuinta pre-cruise for several years and are again booked there for our upcoming Prinsendam holiday sailing. It is a very nice, clean hotel with a pleasant, accommodating staff, spacious rooms, comp. breakfast and comp. parking with security provided. The company they contract with for the comp. shuttle to the port (sign up when checking in) will offer pickup at the port back to the hotel. I don't recall what they were charging, but we found that taking a taxi was a little less $$ and more convenient than waiting for the shuttle (if I remember correctly, the taxi was $22 + tip) and we were back at the hotel and on our way home long before the shuttle arrived for pickup at the port. The hotel is a very short ride to/from the port and there are several nice places for dinner nearby. The Ale House, which is within walking distance, offers a 10% meal discount to LQ guests; just show your room key when placing your order with the server. Food there is very good, reasonably priced and generous portions. There is also a large mall located next to the hotel with many shops :)

Archived