OBC's from Travel Agents

oshawa

Recently, HAL has not been allowing iternet TA's to discount their cruise prices. Some, however, are making up for this lack of discounting by offering OBC, insurance, and other benefits.

We just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Westerdam for Sept 11. I surveyed 10 online agencies and HAL's site and all had exactly the same price. Of those 10 agencies only 3 were offering additional benefits. We booked with an agency that gave us $300 OBC and insurance, a total value of $950! We have booked with this agency three previous times and found them to be very dependable. This is a real money and shows that it is worthwhile to shop around.

Dan

Glad I don't have to expect anything--or even think it might be coming. I booked our latest cruise myself yesterday. I have been on the other side as a TA. Just prefer now to be in control of our booking!!!!

FYI, in case you hadn't already considered it, you can now turn your booking over to an agency that discounts or offers other bennies. I have been known to grab a particular cabin I wanted on my own & then turn the booking over to my agent who, as usual, "sweetened the deal". Just a thought unless money simply doesn't matter. :D On the other hand, if you're still operating as a TA you'll collect any bennies directly via commission. ;)

Archived