Final Payment Paranoia - First Time Cruiser

TonyCruise

I just made my final payment to my TA for an April cruise last week. This is my first cruise and first time using this TA. I received a confirmation from the TA showing paid in full and I also see the credit card transaction on my credit card statement showing the payee as "Carnival". I have had no problems with this TA so far - she has been excellent in fact - so I have no reason to doubt her.

However, I have read some of the horror stories on this board about people making final payment but Carnival never gets it. Paranoia has now set in so I just called Carnival to make sure they got the payment. The Carnival agent said she cannot tell me due to policy - I have to call the TA. They did "unofficially" say that if my credit card payment shows "Carnival" then they did the billing so it is fine - but again she could not confirm that due to their policy.

Based on the confirmation info I stated above, does it look like I should not worry about it? The other thing is that I am able to book excursions online via the Carnival web site and I understand that you cannot do that unless you are paid up.

Thanks,

Tony.

Tony,

I agree with Cotton. We usually make our cruise arrangements about 90 days before the cruise. We pay in full at the time and have never had a problem.

The only things you should be concerned with at this point are what shore excursions to take, how much food and drink you can consume in 7 days, and whether to go to the beach first or go shopping in town first!;)

Don't worry---be happy!

and go to tef43s' Permanent Vacation Radio and get in the mood!!!:D

Have a great cruise!!

The other thing is that I am able to book excursions online via the Carnival web site and I understand that you cannot do that unless you are paid up.

Rules for booking excursions through Carnival at their online site are that 'full' deposit must be made. I was able to book with just the deposit... I'm guessing that if you are booked through a group with a minimal deposit, (such as $25. or $50.) then booking excursions is not possible. :)

As long as you can access your 'personal page' at carnival.com you are 'good to go'.. I always enjoy seeing my name and how many days are left til' our next cruise, whenever I go to the web site..

Fill out your 'funpass', and get ready for cruising... :D

Archived