Burnie - recommendation for tour company

candance

We were on the Volendam last December and hired a car through Thrifty at Burnie. You are taken by shuttle to the new visitor information centre (you have to use the shuttle to exit and enter the working port), thrifty had our car waiting there.

We drove west Along the coast, and called into a few beaches along the way and headed toStanley and had morning tea at a quaint little cafe, it is very English there, we then took a chairlift up the nut. Well worth it, we then drove to the "Highfields House" which the locals will happily direct you to, and took in the beautiful views back to the "Nut" http://www.stanleytasmania.com.au/index.html we then drove back to Stanley and went to a waterfall, (we followed an itinerary of HAL's). Well worth going to Stanley. Also a lot of fields of flowers we drove through.

candance I posted some links to tours on another thread out of Burnie, which may be helpful!

But as I've lived in this area. (grew up there!) I'd recommend hiring a car and self driving. The roads are a lovely quality, and minimal traffic. Just take you time and plod along.

Enjoy your stay in oz :)

Archived