Explorer of the seas mdr?

ncb106

I was just on the Explorer and I really enjoyed the MDR food. I eat there as much as possible for both breakfast and lunch as well as dinner. The breakfast food seems much fresher than the stuff from the steam trays. They will make you a fabulous salad to your specifications at lunch with many more choices than the salad bar in the WJ. They also offer breakfast and lunch choices that are not in the WJ.

As always on these boards food is subjective. I always try to be realistic about what I choose. Since I live in NE, I know the clam chowder and lobster are not going to meet my expectations, so I don't order it but I also don't complain about it. I also have no problem sending meals back if the "medium rare" meat arrives "well done".

I was onboard in January and April of this year. Jan the food was ok, not amazing, April I loved every meal, couldn't have been happier and ate my fair share. MDR was good for all meals, we really enjoyed making nachos at the windjammer for an afternoon snack, and actually the food at the windjammer was pretty good all around, we preferred to eat there for breakfast so we could keep moving on with our day. MDR took a little longer.

Archived