Crown balconies

robgvic

Just got our cabin assignment for the Crown and it is a mini on Dolphine Deck

D214. Is the balcony covered or open or half and half. I suspect open

All minis on Dolphin deck are fully exposed to the sun, i.e., not covered, no shade.

The only covered minis are on Emerald deck and the only half-and-half balcony cabins are the standard cabins on Caribe deck.

Lido deck balconies are completely covered.
One thing to be careful of on the Crown (and perhaps several other similar ships) is that the gym is directly above. On our recent cruise, one of my friends went to the gym every morning by 6:30am in order to get one of the few treadmills passengers were able to use before 9am since there were too many compliants of people using the machines in the morning. This is very poor planning on Princess' part but the fact remains that the gym can, and will be, used throughout the day and evening and many of the cabins on Lido deck can expect pounding and noise. No, I haven't experienced it directly because I would never book a cabin under a public deck or public area. Been there, done that.

Archived