Thomson Spirit Deck 6 or 7

ovkerf

Hello everyone.:)

I've booked a holiday for May 20th on the Spirit next year and having never been on this boat before am unsure if the folk on here think I've done the right thing with my deck choice.

I plumped for deck 7 (deluxe) which apparently has obstructed views (can one of you let me know how obstructed this view is) because I didn't like the idea of being overlooked from passers by on the side deck of deck 6.

Can you let me know your thoughts so I don't worry I've made the wrong decision.

Cheers

Simon

We were on deck 7 Deluxe on the Spirit in March. There "restricted view" was not really a problem, you could still see properly out of the windows, and the views were lovely. Rooms were nice as well. I went for 7 instead of 6, as 6 is the "Promenade Deck", and I didn't like the thought of people walking past my window

We were on the Spirit in July and had a deluxe cabin on deck 7 (120), there are no issues with the obstructed view.

You will be able to see clearly enough under the lifeboat. I think its just Thomsons covering themselves from every angle. Its not a 100% clear view but its absolutely fine.

Enjoy your cruise.

Deck 6 is OK too - I went out to check and no-one can see in (keep the net curtain closed if you're indecent!) and really other than looking out early morning to see if we were in port, I never "used" the window much or even stayed in the cabin - there was too much going on elsewhere!

Archived