special occassion cakes

davfamno2

EWWWW - I do not care for sugar free cakes - if it is medically necessary then okay but not great in my opinion.

Is this a general opinion or have you had the ones from the ship itself? I do not intend that sarcastically, I'm trying to judge for the cake I'd like to order for my husband's birthday on an upcoming cruise. Ideally, if someone has had both and can provide a comparison, that would be great.

How is the sugar free variety? I've been debating getting a sugar free one for my MIL for our cruise next month.

It was sooo good.. I have to have sugar free do to my WLS. I loved it and you could not tell there was a diffrence. It does have a lighter colored frosting but so good and so moist!!! wELL WORTH THE COST.

I thought about ordering a cake for my husbands bday, but with so much food around, I couldn't see us eating it. Instead we told them it was his bday, and they brought out a great little cake or maybe a piece of cake & sang! It was just as good, and we didn't pay any extra. I bought some great decorations that they put up in the room for him instead.:)

Is this a general opinion or have you had the ones from the ship itself? I do not intend that sarcastically, I'm trying to judge for the cake I'd like to order for my husband's birthday on an upcoming cruise. Ideally, if someone has had both and can provide a comparison, that would be great.

I do not think you are sarcastic at all. I have had sugar free twice and regular many times and in MY OPINION and my opinion only the sugar free were EWWWW. The regular ones were great, especially the chocolate. If you need to order sugar free because of medical reasons then it is okay but not the greatest. You might also want to have something decadent in your cabin and I would suggest getting a dessert from the coffee bar (you pay about $2.50-3.00) but they are awesome - and you could spoon feed him in the privacy of your cabin. Just saying

We cruised with Carnival in August 2010 and ordered both a chocolate mousse and vanilla with berry filling to celebrate our anniversary. The two large cakes fed about 20 people and yes, some of them also ordered dessert. We thought they were both delicious and well worth the money.

We will order one on our next cruise to celebrate a family birthday. Very tasty!

You might also want to have something decadent in your cabin

He might have to settle for me ;)

and I would suggest getting a dessert from the coffee bar (you pay about $2.50-3.00) but they are awesome - and you could spoon feed him in the privacy of your cabin. Just saying

Great suggestion :D

Archived