Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Hi again Mike, Tracey and family

your descritpion of the chelf table was wonderful, I thought about it and thought about it and I booked it for our cruise. Sneaky me, my husband does not know about it and will not know about it until it is time to go. So once again I say thank you, if were not for you I would not of booked it. Carnival needs to start paying you a commision for the extra business you are drumming up for them.

once again thank you for your lovely story :)

Ya know...I really don't want to rain on your parade and I KNOW you will have a great time and your next cruise is the **only chance** you will have to do this for a while, but it UPSETS me you are flying all the way to Baltimore in the winter for a cruise:(...didn't even know Baltimore HAD cruises in the winter...just wish you could either cruise from there during the warm weather (& catch an Oriole game-Camden Yards is the NEATEST ball park!) or cruise from a warmer climate...but I am sure it will be perfect! I just can't figure...okay, bah humbug to me! :mad:

Actually, we are driving. It's a 11 hr drive, taking two days to get there, will add a third if the weather looks menacing. Sure we would prefer to fly down south and leave from a warmer port but money is tight especially after 4 cruises. Anyway, nothing beats cruising and I don't care where we leave from as long as we're on a ship. In addition, Pride is a Spirit class ship and I've been looking forward to sailing on one.

I'm SO upset! I know this review is almost over!!:(

Now what am I going to do for the next 11 days until

I leave on mine??:confused:

Seriously Mike, you have done a wonderful job on this review.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this!:)

Thank you disneyden and have a wonderful cruise on Freedom.

You are one very lucky woman. Mike is a very special man. I am not finished reading but this has got to be the best review ever. It is like reading a best selling romantic novel...up there with Gone with the Wind. Mike is not only a talented writer but a fabulous photographer and obviously a very romantic man. The proposal brought tears to my eyes and now I cannot wait to get on with the story.....Thank you Mike and Tracy for sharing this with all of us. We will never be the same again :)

Wow, thank you very much, very heartwarming! :)

You two are the most loving couple I have ever encountered. I can't thank you enough for sharing your private lives with all of us here on CC. Congratulations to Tracy for her decision to become a Mountie....I picture you two on horses riding off into the sunset..Pardon me while I read on.

I'm glad it shows because we are very much in love. Can we sail off into the sunset instead. :D

Mikey....I know you're going to get tired of hearing this (if you haven't already). But, what a wonderful and beautiful family. What a truly memorable lifetime experience you shared for a month on cruise ships.

Most importantly, my health and good fortune follow all of you so the rest of your days can be spent recalling your experience.

How would anyone get tired of getting all these nice comments, makes it all worthwhile, in doing such a long review.

Hi again Mike, Tracey and family

your descritpion of the chelf table was wonderful, I thought about it and thought about it and I booked it for our cruise. Sneaky me, my husband does not know about it and will not know about it until it is time to go. So once again I say thank you, if were not for you I would not of booked it. Carnival needs to start paying you a commision for the extra business you are drumming up for them.

once again thank you for your lovely story :)

You won't regret it.

I'm glad it shows because we are very much in love. Can we sail off into the sunset instead. :D

You most certainly can SAIL off into the sunset...either way it is a beautiful thing. BTW, the second photo of your original wedding has such an old world European charm to it and is so lovely that I cannot find the words. I think that you and Tracy are probably the envy of every couple on CC in more ways than one. May you always be as blessed as you are today.

Mike, I do not know who did that to my post but I did not write "Liar, liar, pants on fire" ... in the middle of my post. Whoever did that.....it is not nice:(

LOL............. I think Mike was being humble and inserted that in his reply to you.

I don't think his intent was to be "not nice" , just humble for your flattering remark. That's why he included the smileys.

Edited by mississauga

Mike and Tracy,,,my first reply was all the way back on page 3 but I've never lost interest. Fantastic pictures, great stories!!:) Celebrating my 30th anniversary on an Alaskan cruise next June,,,the planning has gotten more complicated because of your thread.;) I'll let you know what surprises I have in store once I get the plans settled,,,,thanks for the inspiration!!:D

Sorry this is OT and don't mean to "highjack" this awesome thread, but I can't find Rosie's quote!? :confused::confused::confused:

Here it is:

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

I certainly agree with the above. If I dig really deep I can probably find a couple negatives that happened on a cruise, like a planned tour not happening, or a complete cruise being canceled a week before we were to sail (swine flu scare). But not one negative overshadows all the positives. I have met so many great people on cruises. People that we have remained friends with and will be cruising again in Dec 2010 & 2011 with. It's amazing when you get to talking with people how much you have in common. After all, your all on a cruise so you have plenty to start a conversation with. One afternoon my friends and I were laying on the Lido deck. One of my friends and I were reading a Harlequin NASCAR romance book. I happen to look to my other side and there was a lady next to us that was reading the same exact book. There we all 3 sat with the same book.

I go to each cruise, and Dec will be #9 knowing it will be the best ever. I have yet to be disappointed. After all, "Your Worst Day On a Cruise is Better than Your Best Day At Work". I have this on my office wall, so I can see it every day.

LOL............. I think Mike was being humble and inserted that in his reply to you.

I don't think his intent was to be "not nice" , just humble for your flattering remark. That's why he included the smileys.

I sure hope you are right. I wouldn't know how to do something like that anyways :o

Actually, we are driving. It's a 11 hr drive, taking two days to get there, will add a third if the weather looks menacing. Sure we would prefer to fly down south and leave from a warmer port but money is tight especially after 4 cruises. Anyway, nothing beats cruising and I don't care where we leave from as long as we're on a ship. In addition, Pride is a Spirit class ship and I've been looking forward to sailing on one.

I think you will love the Pride. I missed out Pride cruise but in Dec we are on the Miracle for the 2nd yr in a row. We love the Spirit Class. If you read reviews, you just do read a bad one.

Mike, I do not know who did that to my post but I did not write "Liar, liar, pants on fire" ... in the middle of my post. Whoever did that.....it is not nice:(

SailBabySail, that was just Mike being funny.

BTW, thanks for making my night!:D

This is SOOOO funny! I laughed SO hard!

Seriously Mike, excellent review, and what a great way to surprise you wife.

I just might steal the idea one day. :D

I hope you enjoy your next sailing, and I hope we enjoy our next cruise, half as much as you guys seemed to enjoy your trip.

daze

As we are nearing the end of 'our' mega b2b2b2b cruise, I feel the need to again thank Mike and family for taking us along on the journey. I am really going to miss this thread once the review is finally finished:(

I may have to start a countdown clock just to keep track of their next cruise - need to be ready for the review!

Awesome job! And thanks again:D

Sorry this is OT and don't mean to "highjack" this awesome thread, but I can't find Rosie's quote!? :confused::confused::confused:

Here it is:

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Mike this is sooo true! This is how we look at things too!!! The best way too!!!

The best thing to me is I am not cleaning, cooking, making my bed, etc.......!!!!!

Relaxing and having fun in beautiful places with the people I love most in this world!!!! :D

At 5:45 p.m, the adults attended the past guest party. We were joined later by the kids, after they had heard about the hor d’oeuvres and the non-alcoholic drinks that are generally served during the party.

We sat in the back of the Victoriana Lounge, in one of the wider aisles. As luck would have it, these wider aisles are frequently used by the waiters to get from one end of the theatre to the other. In other words, a considerable amount of drinks and hor d’oeuvres going by us every minute.

In all I had about 10 drinks while Tracy had 3 in a little over a hour. They were small but tasty, I really enjoyed the Whiskey Sours and the Melon Balls. Tracy was also drinking Melon Balls and feeling pretty good.

Will you stop taking my picture. It's time to go.

Cruising2010479.jpg

Sorry, can't help myself. :rolleyes:

Cruising2010480.jpg