past guest party

JustJamieH

My wife and I went on a cruise.

It was her First and my 6th.

They left 2 invites in the room.

I was told just one person in the room has to be a past guest and everyone in the room gets the invite.

That would be nice as I am traveling with a newbie

The past guest party is one of the few (only) perks past guests get. I can understand if you have a non-past guest staying with you in your stateroom, or would have to otherwise go to the party alone. But, I really don't feel it is right to bring others in your party that are not past guests that are not spouses, minor children or cabin mates. The invites are very specific as to who they entitle to attend. While Carnival may be gracious enough to overlook that, just because one can get-over, doesn't mean one should do so. If you were going to a "Friends of Bill" meeting on board, and the couple you were traveling with were not "Friends of Bill," would you think to bring them there. Bottom line is this event does not apply to them either.

By your logic one would have to be Judy Garland herself to attend the Friends of Dorothy gatherings!:rolleyes:

I could see bringing a spouse or even a child as a guest of a past guest as who would leave their spouse or child alone to attend....but pairing up with non-past guests to get them in the door somewhat defeats the purpose of the past guest party, doesn't it?

When to you recieve this invite? I will be sailing Destiny in two weeks and my third cruise with Carnival and I do not recall getting an invitation on my second cruise.

They leave it in the "inbox" of your guest room, or your steward may present it to you personally, as mine did. Edit: You didn't get the first invite... did you enter your Past Guest number when booking your cruise, or give it to your TA? I had to ask someone at Carnival to look up my number when I sailed last year, because my past cruise had been so long ago....

As to whether non-Past Guests are welcome at the party... I went to guest services on the Pride to ask if my boyfriend (first timer) could accompany me to the party, and the answer was a RESOUNDING "Yes". He chose not to show up however, because he felt it would be inappropriate.

So I went alone and drank myself silly on free melon balls. Ironically, if he'd come with me, I probably would have controlled myself better and the two of us would have drank fewer free cocktails than I did alone... He's a good influence!

I agree that Past Guest parties are for past guest and should NOT include new cruisers--

I think this is a reason these parties are just too over crowded--with the number of people with blue sign and sail cards-- they should just invite everyone.

BUT not everyone knows this party is happening--its not advertised and it is by invitation only.

I can tell you when we went--they asked for sign and sail cards-- I dont think they do this any longer-- but it would be nice

Archived