Which nights are formal on Jewel Canada cruise?

Hi,

We are departing on the 10/16 Jewel of the Seas Maine/Canada cruise. I want to prebook Chops for one of the Formal nights but haven't been able to figure out which nights they are yet. My Mom told me they thought they were always the Cruising days at sea but I thought for sure I'd been on RCL before and had to rush to get ready after a shore excursion. Of course I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Hi,

We are departing on the 10/16 Jewel of the Seas Maine/Canada cruise. I want to prebook Chops for one of the Formal nights but haven't been able to figure out which nights they are yet. My Mom told me they thought they were always the Cruising days at sea but I thought for sure I'd been on RCL before and had to rush to get ready after a shore excursion. Of course I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Since you don't have many sea days, formal nights are port days on this itinerary -- we had formal nights for Portland and Halifax. Since we had main dining we did feel rushed for 2 reasons, first main dining was 5:30:eek: (late was at 8) and second, one of our excursions didn't end until after 5.

Book Chops for 8 or later and you should have plenty of time to get ready.

Enjoy your time on Jewel. We just spent 2 weeks with Capt Stig Larsen, he is fantastic (as is Capt. MacDonald who alternates with Capt Stig). Plus you will have a very lively cruise director with Simeon, he's a lot of fun. Service across the ship was top notch.

Thanks so much! That works perfectly because I realized today that my husband and father would be getting back late from their musical pub crawl in Halifax and would be late for our main seating dinner so I just booked Chops for 8:00 PM that night.

They will love the pub crawl. My husband, 2 son-in-laws and daughter did that. Beware, they may be very 'happy' and want to wear their nor'wester hats to dinner. ;) The videos they took were great. Lots of fun.

Archived