Should I book Aqua Class on Eclipse

scotslizzy

Hi

Just confirmed our booking for Eclipse on 22 Jan Western carribean. We are on a guaranteed Concierge class cabin but have the opportunity to upgrade to Aqua Class.The cost is minimal but my question is, can you swap between the MDR and Blu or do you have to eat in Blu each night?

We were on the Eclipse in June and really enjoyed the atmosphere in MDR also eat in the speciality restuarants. I do not want to be tied to Blu but I like the sound of the perisan gardens etc .

Can someone tell me if what I propose to do i.e. swap about each night is feasible ?

Many Thanks

Scotslizzy

Hi

Just confirmed our booking for Eclipse on 22 Jan Western carribean. We are on a guaranteed Concierge class cabin but have the opportunity to upgrade to Aqua Class.The cost is minimal but my question is, can you swap between the MDR and Blu or do you have to eat in Blu each night?

We were on the Eclipse in June and really enjoyed the atmosphere in MDR also eat in the speciality restuarants. I do not want to be tied to Blu but I like the sound of the perisan gardens etc .

Can someone tell me if what I propose to do i.e. swap about each night is feasible ?

Many Thanks

Scotslizzy

Scotslizzy,

I can't give you advice about booking AQ, but wanted to invite you to join our roll call, we have a small but great group.

can you swap between the MDR and Blu or do you have to eat in Blu each night?

If you are in AQ you can eat in either the MDR or Blu.

On our next cruise I suspect we will be eating dinner in the MDR/Specialty restaurants and not in Blu even though we are in AQ.

I will certainly think about this now that I have done some searches on this board .I just don't like to be tied down to the same place and for that reason we have always or nearly always preferred my time dining no matter what cruise line .

We will def join the roll call as we did this last time round and it is a great start to the holiday meeting fellow cruisers.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Hi

Many Thanks

Scotslizzy

We were in AQ and would check the menu everyday. If we didn't like the choices we would make arrangements to eat elsewhere. Muranos 1 nt Silk another and a private wine tasting lunch in Tuscany the last day. We never ate in the MDR but I think they would make arragements for you to do so. The Persian garden for me was priceless with my back problems. I was very surprised by the availability of chairs in the Persian gardens. Wife used treadmill everyday while I used Persian Garden. Don't think I could cruise Celebrity and not be in AQ. Either way I think you will enjoy your cruise. Good luck:)

I wrote an extensive review of my experience with AQ on the Equinox in May. I was so excited about having the upgraded experience, but when the perks of AQ were assessed (nice robe, slippers, nice amenities in bathroom with upgraded shower, ice tea in cabin every day, Blu, Persian Garden, etc) I didn't think it ended up being with the extra expense. Blu service was great, but all their desserts had liquor in them. I didn't find the Persian Garden until the last day (my fault - very port intensive cruise), while Blu is beautiful, I wasn't crazy about the food. We were able to go to the MDR once, but, once I also asked for one of the main courses from the MDR to be served to me in Blu, and they did it. The Solstice class ships are magnificent. Have a great cruise!

Archived