Getting to the port in Mobile

Mom2Evie

My family & I are considering several cruise options for April 2011. I think I have it narrowed down to cruises leaving from Jacksonville & Mobile. We currently live in Virginia & will likely fly down to either city. If we fly into JAX, I've got that one all figured out. However, for Mobile I'm really at a loss. Flying into Mobile, at this point, is really expensive and might totally off set the cruise savings vs. Jacksonville.

Can any of you offer some advice for cruising out of Mobile? Where did you fly in? How did you get from the airport to the port?

Thanks!

Your best bet is to fly into Pensacaola; much less expensive and only about an hour from the cruise port via shuttle. Don't know the name of the shuttle, but Google PNS Mobile shuttle and you should find it Of course, you could also rent a car, but I'm sure the shuttle would be your best bet.

Here is the link to the Mobile Airport shuttle info. It says $13 one way and $25 round trip - airport to cruise terminal.

http://www.mobairport.com/TP_shuttle.html

Mapquest shows Mobile Airport to Cruise terminal as 17 miles, while Pensacola airport to cruise terminal is 58 miles. Drive from Pensacola to Mobile Cruise Terminal is almost completely interstate travel while Mobile is about half interstate and half 4 lane highway. Your flight costs might play a big part in your decision, but do you plan to use a shuttle or rent a car and park it at the cruise terminal? Does Pensacola offer a shuttle to Mobile? I would check that out first. You might also fly in a day early and check into one of the hotels in Mobile that offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal, free of charge.

Archived