Freaking out bride

aprilmay85

OK..so we booked out wedding in Feb...big date is Jan 29th 2011..down to 3 months & counting!!! soo excited BUT nervous!!! I was wondering...I have sent in any info yet but the signed contract & paid it off! still need to pay for DJ,cake info,marriage license and rest of guests (ALL 35 are sailing)!!! when should we do this bc carnival hasnt contacted me since we booked & paid for it in FEB & said you got a while..:rolleyes: dont even know where my ceremony or reception will take place...when do they contact you OR do they even ?!?! PLEASE HELP!!!

OK..so we booked out wedding in Feb...big date is Jan 29th 2011..down to 3 months & counting!!! soo excited BUT nervous!!! I was wondering...I have sent in any info yet but the signed contract & paid it off! still need to pay for DJ,cake info,marriage license and rest of guests (ALL 35 are sailing)!!! when should we do this bc carnival hasnt contacted me since we booked & paid for it in FEB & said you got a while..:rolleyes: dont even know where my ceremony or reception will take place...when do they contact you OR do they even ?!?! PLEASE HELP!!!

My advice, send it in once you decide. You can always make changes if needed. If you choose the DJ, you will need to pay for it then & there to secure him. If you don't have him secured another bride has a chance to reserve him...if one hasn't already.

Carnival (or) TWE won't contact you till you get closer to your date...usually about 2wks before just to confirm your details/requests. At that time, you will find out your ceremony & reception time.

I am getting married this sunday Oct 3 on the legend. I booked mine in feb paid by cc and sent my guest list and papers in a month and half before wedding and paid my extras and stuff the day after i sent all my final paperwork in. I got my final call 3 weeks before wedding this is when they told me where my wedding and reception would be and at what time and if i got what requested DJ and video grapher and i did the lady also says it goes by when they get your final paperwork a to if you get the extras compared to the other weddings that day. so if there are 3 weddings and you sent your papers in first and ask for piano player you will get it but be aware that the rooms go by size like chapel holds roughly 35 people. i hope this helps.

yes,that helps! Congrats, and hopefully when you get back, I can hear all about your experience!!! the only thing im concerned about at this point is...we have 35 guests...we want our reception to be in disco club but carnival said you cant have the DJ if you bring burned CD's...it HAS to be the entertainment tech...but we dont want it in a small lounge...we want it in the club where its big!!! what should i do?!?! ppl have told me they brought burned CD's and had the DJ in the club and there were no problems..i just dont wanna get the DJ & get there and say..sorry we cant play your burned cd's :( hope to talk to you soon! thanks again!!!

yes,that helps! Congrats, and hopefully when you get back, I can hear all about your experience!!! the only thing im concerned about at this point is...we have 35 guests...we want our reception to be in disco club but carnival said you cant have the DJ if you bring burned CD's...it HAS to be the entertainment tech...but we dont want it in a small lounge...we want it in the club where its big!!! what should i do?!?! ppl have told me they brought burned CD's and had the DJ in the club and there were no problems..i just dont wanna get the DJ & get there and say..sorry we cant play your burned cd's :( hope to talk to you soon! thanks again!!!

If you are afraid of being cramped with 35 ppl in a lounge, no worries. The lounges can hold 35 very well. I personally would choose a smaller venue with a head count of 35 so we didn't feel like we were drowning in a room, but that's just me. I had right under 100 guest in the Disco on the Fantasy (small class ship) and there was still plenty room for more.

If you just want the Disco for the looks and "party" atmosphere it gives off...book it and take your chances with the CD's. Again, that's what I would do. Just be prepared if they turn them down. I brought in burned CD's, but it was only for the special dances & entrance.

It all depends on what is more important to you. Would you rather chance missing out on your music choice? Or missing out on your venue choice?

Just an added note, the reception music that the DJ's provide is that of a typical weddings. You know...top hits that everyone knows, line dances, etc.

Archived