Carnival.com website changes and price increases??

Smith4tx

Just checked prices yesterday got a price drop the new booking engine was up. Just checked again and the old is back AND the price is 110.00 more per person.

They need to get their you know what together.

Everyone that went on the new layout was finding price drops yesterday.. PVP's couldnt see them but we could.. Switched back to the old and now all my cruises are the same price as before. Theres a glitch int here "new" system.. And it's also a pain in the a*#!

Everyone that went on the new layout was finding price drops yesterday.. PVP's couldnt see them but we could.. Switched back to the old and now all my cruises are the same price as before. Theres a glitch int here "new" system.. And it's also a pain in the a*#!

Hee hee I got my price drop approved this morning so I know it was a valid price. I don't call my PVP when I see a price drop I just submit the form.

I do not like the new site either. Way to hard to try to compare prices for price drops. I called Carnival today to tell them I did not like the new site and they told me to go to the home page and go all the way down to the Contact Us page and put my complaint. After I did that it was not 5 minutes before my PVP called and asked me about it. I told her how they had changed it and how hard it was to us for price drops. She went thru the steps and agreed that it was really to many steps and almost impossible to use. She said to tell everyone to register their complaints on the website and maybe they would change it back. In the meantime she is going to check the prices for me. And as we were talking we had a $30 drop for guests 1 & 2. I still had to do the price protection form myself because they are not allowed to do it for you. Hopefully by Monday I will hear if we get another $60 obc.

Just thought some of you would like to know about letting them know how hard it is to use and maybe if enough people complain they will change it back.

When looking for price drops on the new site, how does one know what category you're looking at? I don't see categories listed anywhere, just descriptions (inside, forward/aft, deck #, etc.) How can I see if my category is still available so I can look for a price drop?

Got off the ship yesterday, got home to check prices on the next 4 already booked cruises and the new site really stinks!! Never was very user friendly, but now it's crazy! I want to see all catagories. How hard is that for them. I watch prices hoping to get others to book as well as our price drops, I wanna see everything!!

Change it back CCL!

Kat

Was just looking around for our girls cruise in April got the new screen and in the middle it went down gave me an error message and I went back to the beginning to start over, got the old screen and the price was more in a matter of 3 minutes LOL! :cool:

When looking for price drops on the new site, how does one know what category you're looking at? I don't see categories listed anywhere, just descriptions (inside, forward/aft, deck #, etc.) How can I see if my category is still available so I can look for a price drop?

That's exactly the problem, the new site doesn't give you categories anymore However, since we know that all the other travel sites must have the same pricing as Carnival does now, I'm just going to check on another reliable site, and when I see a different price for my category, I'll call my TA and have her check with Carnival.

Bummer. I HATE the Carnival website changes! They have made it very difficult to select the cabins I am looking for. I will be booking my next cruise on the gnome site where it is a lot easier to choose the exact cabin I want.

Go ahead Carnival. Now you're going to pay commission where I would have just booked it through your site.

Bummer. I HATE the Carnival website changes! They have made it very difficult to select the cabins I am looking for. I will be booking my next cruise on the gnome site where it is a lot easier to choose the exact cabin I want.

Go ahead Carnival. Now you're going to pay commission where I would have just booked it through your site.

That's exactly what I meant , that's where I'm going to check prices from now on. I honestly don't think the new site has anything with the prices going up and down, we're just not able to compare apples to apples anymore, so we may be looking at a different category on the new site. And thinking that the price went up :confused:

Archived