LAX to Long Beach Pier

Speedo

I am new to cruising and need some advice from the experienced. We are flying into LAX late at night the day before our cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Pride. We will be staying at a hotel near LAX airport. Can you give me advice on how to get to Long Beach Cruise Terminal the next morning. I was thinking of going back to LAX from hotel and then looking for a bus to Cruise Terminal. I was told that there are busses running hourly from LAX to cruise terminal but I don't know how to arrange transportation or cost. Do you know of any websites where I could arrange transportation. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I used to live right near LAX, and I've driven my car to Long Beach Terminal before. I'd say if you took a cab from your hotel, it'd be about $40 each way. If it were me, I would probably do that just to avoid the hassle of getting back to the airport, waiting around for transportation to LB, etc. Hope all works out though.

We used the SuperShuttle just last week from LAX to Long Beach (for the 2/6 sailing on the Pride). You do not need reservations coming from LAX to Long Beach (just look for the shuttle Rep outside of baggage claim) and the cost to the pier is $17 pp. The shuttle was fine but it took us 1 1/2 hours to get to the pier as we had to drop people off along the way. If time isn't a issue then I would suggest the shuttle otherwise take a cab and avoid the hassle.

How many people in your party? We are a family of four that is struggling with the same decision you are. I have done extensive research on the internet and have discovered that it can be just as cheap for the four of us to take a limo from our hotel by LAX to the pier as it is to buy four $17 passes on the supershuttle. Let's see......a Limo or an overcrowded van? Not much of a decision there! We are going on this cruise to celebrate my wife's successful battle with cancer and the limo service we are going to book with offers a discount for cancer survivors and their families. Let me know if you need more info.

Kyle

Last April after our cruise we stayed on the Queen Mary and they called a Limo service for us. He was very nice and a great driver. I just found his card if you want to use him. I think he charged us $25 total for the ride from Long Beach to Airport. Pacific Express- 562,307,1945 or 888,952,2121 toll free).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your replys. Sounds like both SuperShuttle or a cab are reasonable. Glad to hear that you don't need reservations for SuperShuttle. To answer a few of your questions: We have all day to get to Long Beach. We are a party of 4 going to Long Beach but 2 of us are gioing to Disneyland after the cruise, then back to LAX for the flight home the following day. Any suggestions on how to get from Long Beach to Disneyland?

My sister and I will be on the Pride April 10th and will also be staying after the cruise. We are staying in West Hollywood and the cheapest way I have found to get there is we bought a transfer from Carnival back to LAX and then we will take super shuttle to West Hollywood. It will also be less hassle at the pier just getting on their big buses.

Archived