How to Book a Disney Cruise and Land Vacation

A&Jfamily

I am toying with the idea of booking a Disney cruise, and doing some time at the parks ahead of time. What I am running into is that all the inside rooms seemed to be booked up. Also, the land stay is very expensive right now as they are not running any of those good specials that pop up around late December.

So, do you bite the bullet and book the cruise in advance of the land vacation, and wait for a deal there?

Does Disney ever run that land/sea deal like they used to?

Anyoneone's advice on how to do this would be much appreciated - a search wasn't much help.

Thanks!

They don't do the land/sea program any longer. However, it was much more cost effective to book separately anyway. Your options at the park are huge with so many Disney resorts to choose from. I would try to get the best deal on the cruise and then start watching for deals at the park. I would also recommend doing the parks first and then the cruise to relax. If you visit disboards dot com you will get tons of information on planning. Good luck

We LOVE Disney! The thing is, if you call their travel agents, they will answer your questions only. They will not advise. I use Wendy from Magical Journeys to book Disneyworld vacation. She gives great advice and is willing to price things out various ways. She's great. She can also advise/price out Disney cruiseline portion. But she does not book/advise on non-Disney vacations. Cruisinmama on this board goes Disney land/sea and gives great advice too. I have heard that Disney cruise is a cruise with a Disney theme; not Disneyworld at sea. So some people prefer to do Disney on land and another cruiseline together. Also, Disney is about 2-3xs the price compared to other cruiselines. Can it really be 2-3xs the fun??? IDK. I would prefer a week on any cruiseline to a 3 or 4day Disney cruise. But some people swear by Disney Cruises. December often has specials (just not the week of/before Christmas).

Disney is a great cruise! As adults we enjoy it and our kids love it too. I've cruised a lot of different cruise lines and Disney just has that "Magical" aspect to their cruises. Shows are Disney quality, characters are all over the place, restaurants have that special Disney touch. The Disney cruise experience is just something special. We'll be going on our 4th Disney cruise next May on the Dream and we can't wait. If you want really good advice on Disney cruise and Disney World, Amy with Ears of Experience is awesome!! She'll find you the best rate out there and provide you with all the expert advice as well. If you like Disney World, you'll love the Disney Cruise!!:)

Archived