meds in Mexico?

JustJamieH

My friend did this last year in Cozumel. You have to know the generic name and the dosage/strength as sometimes they vary. I thought I read on here awhile back that they're cracking down on those without a prescription. If you have one, best to bring it.

Have bought them in both Coz and Progreso-the prices were comparable and I had no problems. I'm only buying Retin-A which I know is a prescription item but somehow I don't think they are watching too hard for people trying to smuggle in acne cream. :D

first of all, they still have the "old" version which was eliminated in the US but works much better.

second...price I buy 3 for $20 which is the same price as my co-pay at home.

Do note, I have no experience in Progresso with meds, but I found the prices on the mainland are much cheaper then at Cozumel.

And...enjoy Progresso...it is a wonderful place to spend the day and not nearly as "touristy" as Cozumel

My mother in law always buys her heart meds and her diabetes meds at the drug store at the end of the pier in cozumel. But, last time when we were there a guy in the store, i think he worked there was trying to get us to by street drugs from him.

Archived