Open the separator between 2 E3 Balconies on Serenade

svetas74

Hi everyone,

do you know if it is possible to remove/open the separator between two E3 balconies on the Serenade? Our friends and us will be traveling in the cabins next to each other and we were wondering if we can "combine" our balconies.

Thanks!

We were on the Enchantment of the Seas with friends in adjoining rooms. They wouldn't open the balcony for us. If we had a philips head screwdriver we could have done it ourselves. There were four screws holding it in place.

We were on the Jewel this past September, and we wanted the extra space for our friends next door; RCCL told us they are not allowed because it is a Coast Guard Rule for safety reasons!

Happy Sailings:)

I suppose you might be able to remove those 4 screws you observed, but do you have any idea how heavy those dividers are? Removing the screws would take it off entirely (as opposed to the special thingy they have to swing them open for cleaning the whole run of balconies at once). I can't imagine that anyone would consider removing this large, heavy divider to be a good idea--safety (both to yourselves and your cabin steward, as well as those below you if you accidently drop it) would be my primary concern. Not to mention that it could be constued as destruction of ship's property.

beachchick

Even then the Captain has sole discrection over whether any dividers are allowed to be opened. As far as I know, they are never removed--so when open they practically block the door of one of the cabins. This may not be true for all ships, but it has been for the ones we've sailed on. We've had connecting cabins, but the Captain said no--nobody's dividers were to be opened. Period.

beachchick

When we were on the Serenade last August I looked closely at the dividers.

These are made in such a way, and with uncommon fasteners, that it is virtually impossible for passengers to open them.

Besides the tools, you would have to find a place to stow the divider. It doesn't swing on hinges.

On Princess ships, the balcony dividers are designed as doors which can be unlocked by your cabin steward. Suzie and I sailed on the Goldern Princess with two other couples and we really enjoyed getting together every morning for coffee and in the afternoon for drinks on our super sized balcony. We also opened up balcony's on The Sun Princess during our Panama Canal Cruise.

Bryan

Archived