Please Help...timing our cave tubing tour!

msbmom

We are sailing on the Explorer of the seas in May. The itinerary calls for us to be in Belize from 9am-6pm. I have been given conflicting information on time zones. We want to book the cave tubing excusion with Wet N Wild, but it starts at 9am. I sent this message to the cave tubing companay and this is their response:

My Question:

Your website says tours start at 9am and last 5 hours. Can we still book this since we're not scheduled to get into Belize until 9am and we have to tender so we probably wouldn't be to you until around 10?

Their Response:

The tour departure time is local time so indeed that would be 10:00am your time but we need you of the ship as quick as possible.

I also emailed my TA about this and his response was:

The ship operates on the time zone in port, normally, but it is up to

the captain. Occasionally they have a reason for keeping things in a

different time zone. I'm not aware of any variance from Daylite Savings

Times in the countries you'll be visiting. Grand Cayman is on EDT,

while Belize and Mexico are on Central Time.

This seems to be conflicting so I called RCCL today and they just confused me more!!! :confused: We really want to use Marvin and Wet N Wild but are worried we won't make the tour time. Can anyone help me figure this out...does Explorer stay on EST or does it match up with local time?

Thanks so much!!!

We're sailing the Carnival Glory on April 9th and can't find out any answers about times either. Right now, Belize is one hour behind eastern time but what happens when we move the clocks ahead one hour. Does that mean ship's time is two hours ahead of Belize time. Again, can't get an answer from this board or Carnival. We were going to do to the cave tubing with Wet and Wild but because of this issue, we decided to go with Goff's Caye snorkeling right through the ship. It's an early am tour and it picks up right at the ship. We are back at noon and then we can have lunch and take the tender into the shopping area.

I just talked to a company in Belize who informed me that Belize does NOT observe daylight savings time. Therefore, they will be 2 hours behind Eastern and an hour behind Central after April 2. I would call the cruiseline to confirm this but I think whatever time is on the iteinary is local time of whatever city you will be in.

That's what I think too...2 hours ahead of Belize if you are departing from an eastern time after April 3. But again, cannot confirm that either way. So, that's why we went with a ship sponsored tour just because I don't want to be stressing out about ship time versus local time! It's probably making too much of a big deal but I don't want any surprises!

Archived